WHICH PRIMER. CCI 450 or FEDERAL 205M FOR BOLT ACTION 6.5 GRENDEL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lrgrendel
    Warrior
    • Jul 2013

WHICH PRIMER. CCI 450 or FEDERAL 205M FOR BOLT ACTION 6.5 GRENDEL?

So. Some statements that most people will agree with...

The CCI 450 is a very popular and commonly used primer in the AR 15 6.5 Grendel.
    The FEDERAL 210M is the best large primer for accuracy I.E. PRS, F CLASS etc.

So saying this, would the FEDERAL 205M be a better option for a bolt 6.5grendel than the CCI 450?
    I have been working up loads with the CCI 450 and I thought maybe the Federal 205M might do a better job.
    This is purely for target shooting.....
  • Joseph5
    Warrior
    • Oct 2012

I have only ever used CCI 450, CCI No 41, and Remington 7.5 primers in my reloads for my AR. I use them interchangeably with no effect on group size that I have been able to determine. My limited experiance with the Grendel so far shows it to be very non-temperamental with component selection. It certainly would not hurt to try them and see if they make a differance for you.

Comment

• StoneHendge
      Chieftain
      • May 2016

I use 205Ms and 205MARs in grendel ARs with much success. They are completely interchangeable - the MARs just have a thicker cup - about the thickness of the CCI 450s. For me, I just like the feel of seating the Federals better. They aren't as "hot" as the 450s, but they are the "hottest" non magnum primer out there and Federal Match primers have a great reputation for consistency. I also use 210Ms with success in 308, and my 357 backcountry carry loads ignited by GM200Ms shoot better than I could even if my hand was locked in a vise (a 158 Sierra JHC @ 1375 out of. 5" GP100 ). FWIW, There was a consistent measurable difference in group size over GM200s when I worked the 357 load up
      Last edited by StoneHendge; 08-21-2017, 04:59 AM.
      Let's go Brandon!

Comment

Working...
      X