Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The Threat is Real, very real.

Quote Originally Posted by The Profit Joseph Sith View Post
    Wasn't he one of the people attending the tail hook convention when someone like the secretary of defenses secretary was dragged in a hotel room and raped? My memory is hazy maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
    From an Aug 1992 LA Times piece:

U.S. Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) is catching hell for his attendance at the raunchy Tailhook convention.

Not the raunchy 1991 convention, but the raunchy 1987 convention. In the current political climate, there is no statute of limitations on raunchiness.

McCain's woes started with a reference in a recent Newsweek magazine to a 1987 issue of Hook, the house organ of the San Diego-based Tailhook Assn.

Hook reported that McCain, a former Navy fighter pilot, was "no stranger to Tailhook reunions" and had "participated in the camaraderie of the third deck" at the 1987 convention in Las Vegas, where supposedly much friskiness took place.

Just google Johnny, guy's a carpet bagger who married into AZ liquor distributor money...

Quote Originally Posted by AZHTfreak View Post
    From an Aug 1992 LA Times piece:

U.S. Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) is catching hell for his attendance at the raunchy Tailhook convention.

Not the raunchy 1991 convention, but the raunchy 1987 convention. In the current political climate, there is no statute of limitations on raunchiness.
    US servicemen, raunchy? Gee, who woulda thunk it possible?
    If at first you don't succeed, give up.
    Anything that can't be done easily, probably isn't worth doing.