Non-lead bullet users. Lehigh Defense is listening, new bullet launch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Randy99CL
    Warrior
    • Oct 2017

I saw a gel test of the lighter version of these and they are not the usual bullets. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP6AvhzOvXw

They're made to fracture, where the front breaks up into pieces that each continue forward (cutting channels) while the base (about 2/3 to 3/4 of the weight) continues straight through.
    Might be great on soft-skinned game but not as effective on maybe a shoulder shot on a tough old hog???
    Last edited by Randy99CL; 11-14-2017, 12:20 AM.
    "In any war, political or battlefield; truth is the first casualty."

Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Comment

• grayfox
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2017

They are on sale at Midway for about $32/100 for 110 grainers.
      Questions:
      1. Any Load or powder data, typical velocities? or any experience with 'em.
      2. Will they be "picky" like other mono's in not shooting well unless from a clean barrel (no switching from one bullet to this one... at least this is what I've read - I tried a few Barnes 85'ers/6.8mm once)?
      3. At 1.225" is this about the same length as Barnes tsx or ?

If you can get 2600-2625 f/s then looks like a good deer load out to maybe 300 yds or so...
      "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Bigs28
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2016

Load data right from their site. Scroll down. Its a tab next to description.

Last edited by Bigs28; 11-14-2017, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• grayfox
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2017

Hah!!! Thanks.
          My look-down-the-page-fu must be on the fritz...
          (Funny it wouldn't display correctly on my ipad so back to the PC and viola!)
          something to start with anyway!
          Interesting.
          "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• sneaky one
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

I bought some Makers Bullets in all copper T Rex - 95 grn, mode. ROS asked paul at makers bullets to make them for me- How cool is that? I have 3 loaded for first shots upon game this last weekend of hunting. BC would be about .390....

For under 100 yd hunting- blah upon bC's---1/2" groups are all that's needed. Let's see who can match those specs- hee hee

Comment

• bj139
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2017

Originally posted by sneaky one View Post

For under 100 yd hunting- blah upon bC's---1/2" groups are all that's needed. Let's see who can match those specs- hee hee
              Bench rest groups typically open up when you are shooting around a tree, standing on one foot, with your hood in your face,
              with snow in your eyes, so yes 3" groups under those conditions are all that's needed.

Comment

Working...
              X