• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kswhitetails
    Chieftain
    • Oct 2016

Form 4 virgin no longer!

Sent my BATFE form fours, and made my CLEO notification this morning. I just came from the PO. I went Priority mail so I'd have a tracking number, and sent a check so I could see when it gets cashed to start the timer. NFA Tracker has it 241 days from the day of bank activity so we'll see! (Assuming 250 days, it might actually be a GREAT birthday next year... God, let me make it to yet another birthday!)

Tranquillo 7.62 bought with my Larue Grendel.
    Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.
  • keystone183
    Warrior
    • Mar 2013

When i made my first suppressor purchase, wait times were running between 10-11 months. I lucked in to wait times falling and i had mine in just over 4 months. I hope the same happens for you! Also, know that what even if it was only 2 months........longest 2 months of your life....

Comment

• Kswhitetails
      Chieftain
      • Oct 2016

Haha. The rifle isn't even here yet, so that makes waiting (for now) a little easier. It's not even day one yet so hey - pizza time!
      Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• NugginFutz
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2013

Man, I'm not having much luck holding out on those suppressors anymore. Pressure ... too ... great! Brain ... hurts! Must ... find ... checkbook!!!
        If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Kswhitetails
          Chieftain
          • Oct 2016

Forgot to update: Check cashed on the 12th. Let the waiting begin.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
            Chieftain
            • Oct 2016

Got a status check in today. Pending. Good news as it is not in "Error" status. I was impressed with how friendly she was. She did not seem like the typical gov peon I usually get at the SS, DMV, or other government offices I've dealt with over the years.

I did get a definite date to track from, turns out Sept 11, 2017. Ironic in a sense to me only because it was 9-11 that gave me the impetus to go out and buy my own first gun. Dad had bought me two, and up until then. I hadn't matured to wanting one of my "own" before then. I don't know why looking back, I just never felt the need to own another as at the time I didn't have the bug, or the time or money. After 9-11 though, I slowly started shooting more, and wanting my own guns, and more of them.

Funny thing is, that if NFA Tracker holds true as far as the time frame, the stamp should arrive a few days before my birthday. This should be a good year.

This could be one of those "full circle" things that just work out that way. It wasn't any kind of plan on my part, other than another piece of my "own" to add to the slowly but meticulously growing pile.

Comment

• Bigs28
              Chieftain
              • Feb 2016

Nice, good luck.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                Chieftain
                • Oct 2016

Approved! Called this morning to check on the status, turned out it had been approved on March 21. I guess I’ll wait for the FFL to call. Maybe. I may just call them. The nail biting is on!

Comment

• Bigs28
                  Chieftain
                  • Feb 2016

Awesome, update the nfa wait times thread please

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                    Chieftain
                    • Oct 2016

I’ve edited my post to reflect the approval date. I’ll edit again when my FFL gets the stamp and I get to bring it home.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                      Chieftain
                      • Oct 2016

In hand!

Comment

• Bigs28
                        Chieftain
                        • Feb 2016

Pictures or it doesn't happen......

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                          Chieftain
                          • Oct 2016

NFA by ., on Flickr

Comment

• Bigs28
                            Chieftain
                            • Feb 2016

That's sexy. $$ good work

Comment

• Red Dawn
                              Warrior
                              • Nov 2016

Congrats on the approval and it looks great on that rifle. In for a report on what you think. Now what’s the next one ?
                              "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country." James Madison

Comment

Working...
                              X