• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hill37
    Warrior
    • Apr 2017

Ruger American Rifle Ranch 7.62x 39

Just got an e-mail from Ruger. The American Ranch bolt gun is now available in 7.62x39. Uses Mini 14 mags. Maybe Grendel next? I would post a link but I'm Internet deficient.
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

If I was Ruger I would built the 6.5 Grendel before the 7.62X39 American Rifle Ranch.

Comment

• Kilco
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2016

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
      If I was Ruger I would built the 6.5 Grendel before the 7.62X39 American Rifle Ranch.
      It's only a matter of time. Ruger is in bed with Hornady, and Hornady is a huge supporter of the Grendel.

X39 is extremely popular in bolt guns especially for "ranch" style rifles. Paves the way for the Grendel in a "predator" style Ruger American rifle.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
        Chieftain
        • Oct 2016

It's okay. Ruger simply needs to make me a No. 1 red pad in 6-point-Grendel goodness. Id be on that like stink on weed. Even if it's one shot one chance. Still, it would be the perfect little woods gun - with class!
        Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• scout_vet
          Unwashed
          • Jun 2016

I think 6.5 grendel eventually. I think,part of the reason we havent seen a ruger 6.5 grendel mini is the mag problem they dont want to spend the money to make a mag just for the grendel and have another mini 14 6.8 doc situation but if they do they can release in mini and American at once

Comment

• scout_vet
            Unwashed
            • Jun 2016

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
            It's okay. Ruger simply needs to make me a No. 1 red pad in 6-point-Grendel goodness. Id be on that like stink on weed. Even if it's one shot one chance. Still, it would be the perfect little woods gun - with class!
            Anytime you are dealing with a no. 1 its jist a barrel change no matter the caliber.

Comment

• VASCAR2
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

For ten rounds or less I bet a Ruger Mini 30 mag would feed 6.5 Grendel. I can't see me needing more than ten rounds in a bolt action rifle.

Comment

• Dinny
                Warrior
                • Jun 2016

Originally posted by scout_vet View Post
                I think 6.5 grendel eventually. I think,part of the reason we havent seen a ruger 6.5 grendel mini is the mag problem they dont want to spend the money to make a mag just for the grendel and have another mini 14 6.8 doc situation but if they do they can release in mini and American at once
                I don't know about that theory. They have a RARR in 450 Bushmaster. That couldn't have been a simple mag modification.

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                  Chieftain
                  • Oct 2016

Originally posted by scout_vet View Post
                  Anytime you are dealing with a no. 1 its jist a barrel change no matter the caliber.
                  <Evil Grinch Laugh> So it begins... >:}
                  Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• js8588
                    Warrior
                    • Jul 2017

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
                    No. The "perfect little woods gun - with class!" would be a CZ 527 Carbine and/or FS in 6.5 Grendel. That said, I'm stoked about this ruger for exactly the same reason.

Comment

• kmon
                      Chieftain
                      • Feb 2015

Love my Ruger #1 in 275 Rigby for a class act. The Grendel would be an easy one for them to do as well, or any good gunsmith could rebarrel one.

Perhaps it is time we started sending emails to Ruger for a RAR and Ranch rifle in Grendel

Comment

• jkingrph
                        Warrior
                        • Aug 2014

I got the CZ 527 in 6.5 Grendel. The magazine is marked 7.62x39/6.5 Gren. I wanted some extra magazines and all that is listed is the 7.62 so picked up a couple of those. They load and feed 6.5 Grendel cartridges perfectly.

This rifle would be a perfect woods rifle if the barrel was a bit shorter. It comes standard with a 24" barrel, which I like. It would be better if the barrel were cut back to about 20" for poking around in the woods. I tend to like longer barrels so no way I will be cutting mine.

As much as I like the cartridge and the Ruger #1, I just cannot see getting a Ruger in this caliber. I already have a pretty little 1a in 7x57 and while it is a bit more powerful, is close enough for my purposes.
                        Member before 2010, account deleted per 2011 spam attack

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                          Chieftain
                          • Oct 2016

You know, I was never an AR guy - until I was one, then it's been balls forward gogogo. But lately, more and more I've been missing the feel and beauty of nicely finished American Walnut and deeply blued steel. My Ruger 1 in .270 is the one gun that I always pick up first and think "Damn, this things nice. I need to go shoot it again." Then, out comes the AR and 500 rounds and I leave the No 1 in the safe. I'm not sure if I'll ever find reason to actually leave the house with it again. Maybe when I'm older and more mature...

I wonder what an all blued steel, wood furniture AR would weigh?

Comment

• Drift
                            Warrior
                            • Nov 2014

I'll go so far as to say that if Ruger would go all in on the Grendel, and chamber a Ranch Bolt gun, a Mini 14 and a #1 all in the Grendel caliber the company could target a large customer group. People who valued pretty wood, blue steal and a traditional rifle hunting over a black rifle would look harder at the Grendel.

Comment

• scout_vet
                              Unwashed
                              • Jun 2016

Originally posted by Dinny View Post
                              I don't know about that theory. They have a RARR in 450 Bushmaster. That couldn't have been a simple mag modification.

Thanks, Dinny
                              Tell that to all,the people in places like Michigan who are buying up every 450 bush that they can get their hands on as it allows them to hunt in shotgun areas.

Comment

Working...
                              X