Short Stroking? Or Something Else? Need The knowledge of the Forum.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kilco
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Lastrites View Post
    The Tubbs flat wire spring is supposed to be longer that a regular std spring by 4 or more inches, that said it will collapse about 2 inches shorter when fully compressed, I doubt it's the Tubbs.

I would pressure test the battle arms bcg to check for leaks at the key. Need to have an air compressor, short tube to fit the key and stick an air gun to it, spray CLP around the base of the key and pressurize. If you see bubbling, you have a key leak.
    Thanks Lastrites. That eliminates my theory with the spring and I also learned how to check a gas key for leakes!

Comment

• Bizzo24
      Unwashed
      • Jul 2017

Thank everyone for the additional insight. I'll give those a try and see what happens.

Comment

• grayfox
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2017

Two more comments.
        1. Did you say you have an adjustable or carbine-length style butt stock? Or is it a rifle stock with rifle length buffer tube. If rifle stock then you need a carbine spring adjuster block down inside in order to use that carbine spring. I have a couple like that.
        2. To avoid that flat-ding spot on the rim during ejecting take a small rectangle of velcro (the softer, loop part, not the hooks part) with a sticky back and put it on that eject-rediretor thingy place (technical right? haha) so the case hits the soft velcro instead of hard metal... really helps.
        "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• grendelnubi
          Warrior
          • Apr 2017

What about a binding buffer spring? When manually charging, is the spring resistance fairly consistant?

Comment

Working...
          X