• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hansel&Grendel
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2017

SBR Barrel Weight and Suppressor Q

Planning my first SBR - 6.5G, nitrided Criterion 11.5" or 12.5" from PF. Any idea of what the barrel weights are? Emails to PF are unanswered; plus, it's taken 25 weeks for a nitrided Criterion 16" 6.5G but worth the wait IMO.

I figure each barrel inch is about 3 ounces, so barrel weight is about 21 ounces (11.5") or about 24 ounces (12.5")??

What recoil can I expect? I've had reliable function, low recoil, quick follow-up shots with SLR Sentry 7 adjustable gas blocks + VLTOR A5/3.8 ounce buffer + JP LMOS BC (6.8 ounces). I'm open to brake suggestions, BCG, buffer for the SBR. I plan on a Law Tactical folding stock adapter (11 ounces but great for discreet transport).

Is it ok to shoot steel case (bi-metal bullets) suppressed to enjoy the SBR more affordably? The plan is a 5" TBAC titanium (7 ounces). For self-defense, I figure 129g ABLR, 123g AMAX, etc. Planned glass is a 1-8x Burris Elite Tactical FFP (24 ounces + mount). Weight adds up quickly so I'm open to glass ideas.

Much appreciated! - Hans
    Last edited by Hansel&Grendel; 09-05-2017, 02:02 AM. Reason: Shorten
  • explorecaves
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

Can you guess what your next barrel will weigh? In many competition disciplines, making weight is a serious concern when putting together a new match rifle. A Light Varmint short-range Benchrest rifle cannot exceed 10.5 pounds including scope.

Comment

• SDet
      Bloodstained
      • Sep 2016

If you're planning on an ultra 5, that kind of limits you to only the cb brake. But they work very well for their size

Comment

• explorecaves
        Warrior
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by SDet View Post
        If you're planning on an ultra 5, that kind of limits you to only the cb brake. But they work very well for their size
        or CB flash hider....

Comment

Working...
        X