• Rbl2
    Unwashed
    • Sep 2017

Hello from Mississippi

• kmon
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2015

Welcome to the Horde

Sounds like an interesting bang stick. The Grr does very well on Mississippi whitetails.

From Newton, MS

Comment

• Kswhitetails
      Chieftain
      • Oct 2016

Hello, and welcome! You may find of interest http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...Ranch-7-62x-39.

You may want to share your little boom-sweeper to that group as well.

Sit down, relax, and share in the info. We're all good folks here, this board is well kept, the riff-raff run off -(mostly), and respectful discussion abounds. Good to have you, retirement and all.
      Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• just_john
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2012

Rbl2, Welcome! Some years ago, I had a Mini-14 and could not get acceptable accuracy either. There were no ( cost-effective ) choices back then so it became fodder for a swap. Glad for you that times have gotten better! And a Grendel, to boot. Congratulations! Enjoy and keep us posted on how this works out.

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum RBL2, I'm also interested to see how your Ruger shoots!

Comment

• Kilco
            Chieftain
            • Jan 2016

Sign me up for a range report of that!! Love me some mini-14 action. Pictures and targets PLEASE!

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard. What barrel did they use? It's been a while since I've seen them mentioned. They've been around for a long time.
              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Rbl2
                Unwashed
                • Sep 2017

Originally posted by just_john View Post
                Rbl2, Welcome! Some years ago, I had a Mini-14 and could not get acceptable accuracy either. There were no ( cost-effective ) choices back then so it became fodder for a swap. Glad for you that times have gotten better! And a Grendel, to boot. Congratulations! Enjoy and keep us posted on how this works out.
                It was not cheap. A ready made very accurate rifle could easily have been purchased for far less then what i have invested in that rifle.

Oth, i could argue this one was made specifically for me.

ASI made the barrel. They offered a barrel by Kreiger (I think) . So far I'm happy.

Comment

• Rbl2
                  Unwashed
                  • Sep 2017

I will (try) to post pictures when the time comes. I have to figure out where to post them.

Comment

• Rugerfan.64
                    Warrior
                    • May 2014

You will not regret the choice of chamber or rifle. I have long thought the Minis were superior rifles compared to the AR's. I've had both, the Mini never had a hiccup, dirty , clean, didn't matter. AR's on the other hand are like the trophy wife. Everything is good as long as you do the maintenance.

Comment

• Rbl2
                      Unwashed
                      • Sep 2017

I've had both, an ar and a trophy wife. In each case someone stole them.

I have never been a fan of the m16 or its varients. I've shot a few. I also have an m1 carbine and an m1 garand. Neither miss a beat.
                      It's my thought the idea behind the minis is a good one. They appear to be well made until it comes to accuracy. At least the mini 30 is not accurate.

Comment

• jrickhsr
                        Unwashed
                        • Sep 2017

Welcome fellow Mississippian. I'm anxious to see your new setup as well. I like the looks of those little rifles.

Comment

• Texas
                          Chieftain
                          • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum RBl2 from North Texas. I am a tad bit older and you and appreciate the rifles with wood stocks, but would not take for my AR15 in 6.5 Grendel. Post some pictures with your target results.

Comment

• Rbl2
                            Unwashed
                            • Sep 2017

To each his own. There is nothing wrong with the m16. I just prefer other rifles. I also prefer a wooden stock.

When the scope arrives and sighted in i will gladly post pics of targets. They may not have any holes in them but i will post them just the same.

Hafta figure out which one of the forums to post them in too

Comment

Working...
                            X