Gibbz Arms Upper 16" went over my budget!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crabra
    Unwashed
    • Aug 2017

Gibbz Arms Upper 16" went over my budget!

IMG_0221.JPG IMG_0220.JPG

She was on target out of the box.

Built her from quite a few parts. Most of the aesthetics's come from strike industries, like the takedown pins, trigger guard & mag release.

Side charger with Aero lower and CMC 3.5 lb trigger, and the HERA CQR set. Not sure how I feel about the set on this build as she feels quite front heavy on the barrel. I do like the QDs built into the HERA though.

I got a UTG 3x magnifier and bushnell dot sight, but I have already replaced with a Primary Arms 1-6x24 ACSS scope.

Let me know what you think or check out out my other post to see the bad side of this build. I still love her, just growing pains!
  • AZBackcountry
    Bloodstained
    • Nov 2016

You did real good. Awesome rig!!! Every rifle I've built or assemble I have gone over budget. Now I decide on the use/design of the rifle, start saving, research a parts list and buy a few parts when they are on sale. It is kind of like a floating budget. Like you did, I don't skimp on the function parts. I am an Aero fan too. Good call on the P. A. ACSS scope. It is a great match and I'm sure looks better. The red dot will get you to the range sooner on your next rifle while you're saving for the optics you really want.
    Life is fun when your ammo budget is more than your house payment.

Comment

• Crabra
      Unwashed
      • Aug 2017

Originally posted by AZBackcountry View Post
      You did real good. Awesome rig!!! Every rifle I've built or assemble I have gone over budget. Now I decide on the use/design of the rifle, start saving, research a parts list and buy a few parts when they are on sale. It is kind of like a floating budget. Like you did, I don't skimp on the function parts. I am an Aero fan too. Good call on the P. A. ACSS scope. It is a great match and I'm sure looks better. The red dot will get you to the range sooner on your next rifle while you're saving for the optics you really want.
      I appreciate that brother! I'm actually making quite a few changes to her! She is a WIP, the HERA is more suited to a SBR , so I will be replacing the stock and foregrip for something a bit more practical. I can only recommend the HERA for SBR builds. She feels accurate out of the box so I'm waiting for my scope so i can start hitting those 300meter steel targets at my range !

Comment

• Crabra
        Unwashed
        • Aug 2017

IMG_0289.JPG

Couple of changes in the works:

Strike industries enhanced pistol grip and Magpul ACS-L...

Waiting on a Warne FDE scope mount to go with my primary Arms ACSS 1x6 scope

primary arms acss 1x6 24mm scope with Warne FDE mount...

Comment

• Texas
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2016

Intersting looking rifle!

Comment

Working...
          X