• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Profit Joseph Sith
    Warrior
    • Nov 2016

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
    "Daddy. I'm hungry...."

"Check out this new carbon fiber wrapped barrel, Titanium receiver set, adjustable gas bolt carrier coated in moon dust, with a Titanium silencer, topped with a thermal weapon sight! Isn't it great kids!"
    Hey, it sounds like a dinner bell of sorts to me! ;P

First time venturing over here in the builds section I see now that kilco beat me by a few good days to this news.

And speaking of titanium sets and such what's up with amalgamatedTi? Are they EVER going to release those to public?
    Last edited by The Profit Joseph Sith; 09-10-2017, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• StoneHendge
      Chieftain
      • May 2016

Thanks Nuggin! As far as the videography, hopefully it will inspire Kilco. As far as the shooting, that was a good day. Today I shot about as well as the right side of the Giants offensive line played tonight. When I thought the wind was to the outside, it went to the inside. When I thought it was to the outside, it went inside. By the third mag I was like Eli with a big pile of poo in my pants.

Joseph - you weren't the only one was late. Stocky's has them in stock now!
      Lightweight Proof Research AR 15 barrels are the only carbon fiber wrapped barrels approved for use by the U.S. military. In stock for immediate shipment. On sale NOW!
      Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• shooter545
        Warrior
        • Aug 2012

I am really fighting the urge to order one of these as I now have 4 6.5 G uppers but Man the Proof Kryptonite is STRONG!!!

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
          Warrior
          • Nov 2016

Just got the email these are now in stock.. sorry shooter

Comment

• shooter545
            Warrior
            • Aug 2012

JS LOL! You know I am sunk and I know I am sunk so the only thing remaining is to just order the dang thing and be done with it! I did sell a 5.56 match upper today so I am almost there!

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
              Warrior
              • Nov 2016

It's ok. I'm building six of them and I still want one OR TWO myself. There's just something about that name that screams where's the proof this thing is as good as their rep? Lol

Comment

• StoneHendge
                Chieftain
                • May 2016

Shooter - if you go for it you should definitely give them a call to see what they say about set up (gas block / bcg / buffer / spring). I followed their advice and my Cream S'more's felt recoil and muzzle movement is a fraction of what I was expecting - I'm self spotting at 1k at 15x. Very interested in seeing what they say about Grendel set up.
                Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• shooter545
                  Warrior
                  • Aug 2012

Well I did it although different than planned. I was talking to Wes, who owns MSTN in Payson, AZ and he mentioned that he had some of the 20" Proof barrels coming and he knew I would want one (that ain't no joke) so he had one for me. Wes is an old and dear friend of mine and I kinda, sorta helped Wes get into the 6.5 G and now he is a believer. Any who I jumped all over it! I was thinking to heck with the money I want one of those Proof barrels in the Grendel. I mean we only really need one kidney right????

I am looking forward to it. SH, I will definitely give them a call about set up. Going to spend that kind green on a barrel it should be done right.

More to follow.

Comment

• Kilco
                    Chieftain
                    • Jan 2016

Originally posted by shooter545 View Post
                    Well I did it although different than planned. I was talking to Wes, who owns MSTN in Payson, AZ and he mentioned that he had some of the 20" Proof barrels coming and he knew I would want one (that ain't no joke) so he had one for me. Wes is an old and dear friend of mine and I kinda, sorta helped Wes get into the 6.5 G and now he is a believer. Any who I jumped all over it! I was thinking to heck with the money I want one of those Proof barrels in the Grendel. I mean we only really need one kidney right????

I am looking forward to it. SH, I will definitely give them a call about set up. Going to spend that kind green on a barrel it should be done right.

More to follow.
                    Awesome!!! Keep us posted along this journey! I'm assuming you went with the carbon fiber version?

Comment

• js8588
                      Warrior
                      • Jul 2017

Are their all stainless barrels as good as their CF wrapped ones?

Comment

• StoneHendge
                        Chieftain
                        • May 2016

Congrats Shooter - You won't look back. Start a build thread!

I knew I had seen weights somewhere and I found them:

Carbon fiber has long been hailed across many industries—aerospace, cycling, alternative energy—as a wonder material making everything lighter and stronger. When employed in a rifle barrel the benefits extend beyond reducing weight and increasing strength. Their patented manufacturing process begins with full-profile, match-grade 416R stainless steel barrel blanks that are made in our firearms division. These blanks are then turned down to a significantly reduced profile greatly reducing weight. This reduced contour barrel is then wrapped with high-strength, aerospace-grade carbon fiber impregnated with a proprietary matrix resin developed by our advanced composites division, PROOF Research ACD. The carbon fibers we use have a unique ability to diffuse heat along the length of the barrel (much like fiber optics transmit light). Carbon fiber also moves heat very effectively through the wall (thickness) of the barrel greatly increasing heat transport resulting in barrels that cool faster, maintain accuracy over longer sessions of fire, and live longer. The end result is an aerospace-grade, high-fiber content composite barrel that is stronger, lighter, as accurate as the finest precision steel barrel, and durable to perform in the most demanding environments. They’re not just lighter—they’re better. Specifications Caliber: .308 WIN Barrel Length: 16" Twist Rate: 1:10 Gas System: Intermediate Gas Block: .750DIA Thread Pitch: 5/8x24 Weight: 2 lbs 3 oz

34 oz for a 20" heavy contour barrel. In comparison, the AA light contour 18"er is 29.5.
                        Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• shooter545
                          Warrior
                          • Aug 2012

Yes Sir! Went for the full Monty. A lot of this is due to MSTN. He has built a lot of guns with the Proof CF barrels and he says that they are some of the finest barrels he has ever worked with. My thought is to have a 20" barrel that weighs and handles like a n 18" barrel (my favorite length for the 6.5 G).

We will see about a build thread. Work is stupid busy right now (I am currently on the road) and am in the process of moving as well. I'll share as aI am able. Looking forward to this new adventure in the 6.5 Grendel.

Originally posted by Kilco View Post
                          Awesome!!! Keep us posted along this journey! I'm assuming you went with the carbon fiber version?

Comment

• js8588
                            Warrior
                            • Jul 2017

I have a Seekins SP223 that was going to get a Noveske 5.56 CHF barrel and a Fostech Echo but I think I'll be building it with one of these instead. Hmm...

Comment

• StoneHendge
                              Chieftain
                              • May 2016

Proof is now showing a 18" RLGS Heavy Contour CF barrels on their website. I may have been tipped over the edge. Lightweight Precision Carbine.....
                              Let's go Brandon!

Comment

Working...
                              X