• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kpswihart
    Warrior
    • Dec 2016

Thoughts on Sig Tango

Did a quick search and didn't see many threads that mentioned the Sig Tango lines. Anyone have any practical experience with them and willing to share thoughts? I'm specifically wondering about mid-range magnification models, in the FFP. Our local range goes out to 440 and I occasionally shoot out to 700 with a group a group that has targets available out to 1400. I'm fairly familiar with the other popular brands, just wanted to weigh a few options. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Last edited by kpswihart; 09-07-2017, 02:44 PM.
  • mongoosesnipe
    Chieftain
    • May 2012

theonly sig optic i have purched as of yet is a romeo7 red dot which i have been very impressed with feature wise although it is heavy and big for the application i was drawn to it using AA battery with an obscene battery life and the motion activated auto shut down feature.... while its not the exact optic you are looking at i have handled the tango line as well as the whiskey and their range finders and they have all been impressive

my only reservation with spending big money on them over another company is warranty and support while i havent needed it sig has a habit of dropping support for items particularly as they improve the previous items end up unsupported at least with firearms i think it could be different with the accessory line since there isnt the registration aspect i guess but they have dropped support on the 556 line of long guns with the introduction of the mcx and while i am confident i wont need parts for my 556 its aggregating to know they are unavailable

that and there warranty wording is kind of off putting they say its an infinity warranty but list a 5 year limited on the electronics which would be the part most likely to fail just that and they are very new to the market gives me pause when considering them over vortex
    Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• kpswihart
      Warrior
      • Dec 2016

Thanks for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts. Much appreciated.

Comment

• Hansel&Grendel
        Bloodstained
        • Mar 2017

I have the Sig Tango4 4-16x MRAD. Illumination is excellent as the entire reticle lights up. Glass is remarkably good with slight CA at 16x. The Parallax adjustment makes a lot of difference. A marine sniper at work is quite impressed with the glass. It is relatively light weight as well for a 16x and pairs nicely with a Larue QD Mount. Magnification adjustment is quite smooth without a cat tail.

Comment

• kpswihart
          Warrior
          • Dec 2016

Thanks for the info. Still have not figured out my next optic, so all thoughts are appreciated.

Comment

• -del
            Unwashed
            • Apr 2017

I have a Tango 6 3x18 and paid $638 for the first generation scope and it is one of the best scopes for the money. It is very clear glass with very little CA at x18, good turrets, zero lock and built like a tank. Reticle is good, illumination is not daylight bright but is can be easily seen in dark backgrounds and overcast sky. The turrets are tactile, well machined, the side focus seems to be on with yardage Not all is perfect: HEAVY, also it is heavy, very long scope and heavy. Did I mention heavy. The eyebox gets tight at 18x but it still usable. The zero lock requires screwing many screws to adjust, do dislike that. Elevation turret adjustment is not anywhere near its competition with aobut 13 MRAD of adjustment after zeroing it a hundred yards. I have a 30Moa base on it for my 6.5 18" grendel. The side focus is quick after 100 yards to infinite.

Yes, even with the short comings I would buy it again at the $600 price point.
            Last edited by -del; 12-17-2017, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X