• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prelude86
    Unwashed
    • Sep 2017

6.5 bolt help please

All.

I have done numerous searches and looking the best option for a 6.5 bolt. I know some have had problems and have done the most looking at the Alexander arms and the Odin. Any input would be great in helping me make a better decision. I am completely new to the 6.5 platform.

Thanks.
  • Kilco
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2016

As much as I admit to being a Odin Works fanboy, one of the most frustrating things atm is you can't just buy a bolt from them... it comes with the complete BCG..

AA bolts are good to go, JP makes a top tier bolt, as well as maxim. All of these are the proper .136 recess.

Don't believe there are any left but there recently was an amazing deal on a group buy bolt for $58 shipped..

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

I've used regular AA bolts, as well as PF/Maxim bolts for many years, many thousands of rounds, without a single issue.

I recently got a complete LaRue 6.5 Grendel Stealth 2.0 rifle, and it has a very nice bolt and polished extractor ramp.

I haven't used a JP yet, but JP is one of the few companies I recommend sight-unseen. I have used many of their other products since 2003 with great success, including triggers, handguards, complete rifles, barrels, adjustable gas blocks, and recoil systems now with the SCS.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• mdram
        Warrior
        • Sep 2016

i know you said bolt, but monmouth reloading has complete toolcraft bcg 6.5 for 89.99
        just some targets for printing
        https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

• Prelude86
          Unwashed
          • Sep 2017

All. Thanks so much for the information. Open to more input and complete bcg are fine too.

Comment

• Geardo
            Bloodstained
            • Jan 2016

Brownells has a BCG $90 shipped

Comment

• newb
              Warrior
              • Feb 2015

Stick with a proven, solid company's bolt.

For the Grendel I can only personally vouch for the JP; as it is the only one I've used. Works flawlessly so far.

Comment

• Prelude86
                Unwashed
                • Sep 2017

Yea. I've narrowed it down Odin, Alexander, and JP I think. Hopefully I'm on the right track. Still trying to narrow the barrel down as well.

Comment

• Sandstorm
                  Bloodstained
                  • Aug 2016

If you didn't pic one up yet, JSE Surplus has the AA bolts in stock for $85.00 las I checked.

Comment

Working...
                  X