• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThunderStick
    Unwashed
    • Sep 2017

Hello From West Tennessee

The very first time I read about the work being done on the 6.5 Grendel I was thinking, "why would anyone want the 6.8SPC?"! O, the Grendel is THE round for the AR platform, but this 6.5 will be fantastic in a light weight bolt action deer rifle. I've been a lurker here for a long long time reading about the converted CZ527, but just couldn't think of springing the money for the work, so I kept on dreaming. One day I was thumbing through my new American Rifleman magazine and HOLY COW Howa mini in 6.5 Grendel, dream come true! I put the magazine down, drove strait to the gun shop and had it in my hands the next week! I've been shooting it coming up on a year and just started reloading for it. I took it afield a few times before the season closed last year, but the opportunity eluded me. This season I hope to put it in the hunting data pool!

I may even get an AR now,

Any way, glad to be part of the HORDE now!
  • Kswhitetails
    Chieftain
    • Oct 2016

Are we related?

Welcome to the Horde!
    Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• just_john
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2012

Ahh! Such a collection of great minds! Welcome to the Horde!

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard. It's interesting to see those who get into Grendel via a bolt gun and then consider the AR too, or vice-versa.
        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum ThunderStick!

Comment

• Troutguide
            Warrior
            • Jan 2017

That's me. Looking for a light recoiling replacement for the .30-06 and found 6.5G just as Howa released the mini. Jumped on it. Now building an ar for hogs and play. You're in good company here. Welcome!!
            "I rarely give a definite answer" - TG

Comment

• Texas
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum ThunderStick. One Grendel is simply not enough!

Comment

• Kilco
                Chieftain
                • Jan 2016

Welcome sir!

Rest assured, you will have an AR Grendel soon, you just don't know it yet..

Comment

Working...
                X