X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • derek45
    Bloodstained
    • Jun 2017

got an email about FAXON 16" gunners in stock at Joe Bob Outfitters, ordered one.

Already got my tracking number.

NRA LIFE

USPSA-IPSC

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

-Jeff Cooper

Comment

• derek45
      Bloodstained
      • Jun 2017

NRA LIFE

USPSA-IPSC

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

-Jeff Cooper

Comment

• 85_Ranger4x4
        Warrior
        • Nov 2016

AA could have a good thing going if they would actually stock parts. I was all set to get a 18" and after like 2 months of waiting for them to get in stock I moved on.

Faxon makes nice stuff too, they were on my list also but I got tired of waiting for them to come to market at the time. Yours looks really nice.
        Last edited by 85_Ranger4x4; 09-18-2017, 08:25 PM.

Comment

• Lastrites
          Warrior
          • Apr 2017

Originally posted by 85_Ranger4x4 View Post
          AA could have a good thing going if they would actually stock parts. I was all set to get a 18" and after like 2 months of waiting for them to get in stock I moved on.

Faxon makes nice stuff too, they were on my list also but I got tired of waiting for them to come to market at the time. Yours looks really nice.
          Mimics exactly what happened to me after waiting a month and then told possibly another, I then stumbled upon the Odin/DSarms upper for cheaper than I could build it and I already had the majority of parts laying in wait. AA was a pleasure to deal with otherwise though and wouldn't have an issue trying again.

Comment

• derek45
            Bloodstained
            • Jun 2017

finally got time to test it out after work tonight.

100% reliable

primers all look fine, managed to find all my brass

In the fading light, my middle aged eyes, and a Burris MTAC 1-4x got me honest 1.6" groups with factory ELD 123gr. ( 100yrds)

The Burris has this reticle, which is not the best for shooting tiny groups.

( not my pic, stolen from google LOL )

----------------------

pretty sure, with a bigger scope, and better light, I can do better.

so far . . . so good.
            Last edited by derek45; 09-20-2017, 01:40 AM.
            NRA LIFE

USPSA-IPSC

-Jeff Cooper

Comment

• Kilco
              Chieftain
              • Jan 2016

The rifle looks awesome!!!

1.5" at 100 yards with a center dot bigger than 1moa itself is nothing to scoff at. Regardless I've turned into a big fan of the latest Burris scopes. The MTAC line is awesome and I just tried out those newish 1-6 today, think it was called a RT6? Great glass and I liked the reticle.

Comment

• derek45
                Bloodstained
                • Jun 2017

Yeah, I like my BURRIS XTR 1-4x . . . but I'm leaving it on my ( 5.56) 3-gun rifle

This FAXON barrel is Good to Go.

shooting 1" groups at 100

This is a 5 shot group, factory 123ELD

used a VORTEX with an actual crosshair reticle LOL

Life is Good

NRA LIFE

USPSA-IPSC

-Jeff Cooper

Comment

• Kilco
                  Chieftain
                  • Jan 2016

I really like how your build turned out.. Alot! Seems to be shooting great as well!

What vortex scope did you roll with?

Comment

• derek45
                    Bloodstained
                    • Jun 2017

Originally posted by Kilco View Post
                    I really like how your build turned out.. Alot! Seems to be shooting great as well!

What vortex scope did you roll with?
                    Thanks

It used to be a 5.56 16" with a skinny Daniel Defense barrel.

I borrowed a Vortex 6-18x44 from a friend, he already had a LARUE mount, so it was easy.

It's a monster

NRA LIFE

USPSA-IPSC

-Jeff Cooper

Comment

Working...
                    X