• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Profit Joseph Sith
    Warrior
    • Nov 2016

Sharps Brothers making a Grendel AK.

Since I'm breaking news about starline making Grendel brass over in the reloading section.. what the heck I'll break semi auto news as well, here's another email to feast your eyes on, hopefully they aren't pissed at me for letting this cat out of the bag but I've been dying to share it. I doubt they care if it was a secret I'm sure they wouldn't be telling random admirers about it.

Without further ado:

6.5 Grendel is my favorite caliber so we are chipping away at a receiver I call the MB6.5G. Same as the MB47 receiver but accepts 6.5 Grendel Vepr magazines. I am not sure if RD is going to be at Triggrcon and if they are, if they are going to have any MB47 builds with them. Hopefully they do.

Also check out Meridian Defense which is making killer rilfes out of our MB47. Look uo their rifle called the Volk.

John

On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 3:51 PM, Sharps Bros (Shopify) <mailer@shopify.com> wrote:
    You received a new message from your Online Store's contact form.
    Name: Redacted
    Email: Redacted
    Phone:
    Body:
    Men I love your work! I love both ak's and AR's and have been waiting for a LONG time to see what a REAL American quality AK would look like. And oh boy! I think it was worth the exceptionally long wait! Good work. I have a couple PSL's and a Saiga12 with a east German wire side folder I love em all.
    Any chance you might be able to pioneer either a 6.5 Creed OR Grendel AK? Maybe with a threaded receiver and barrel that uses shims. Kinda like how the ALG V0 hand gaurd utilizes. Or for those lucky enough to just do it right on the lathe..

Can't freaking wait to see Rifle Dynamics at triggrcon at the end of the month. They BETTER have one of your collaboration ak's at it or I'm going to cry big crocodile tears all over everyone ;p
  • Kilco
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2016

This is very cool!

My old man has had a blast with his Grendel Vepr, but with the importation ban on Veprs I thought the Grendel AK was long gone... great news!!

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

There is an article on 6.5 Grendel AKs made in the US in the latest AK47 magazine on the shelves right now.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• howl
        Warrior
        • Nov 2015

's still gonna be an AK. Wake me up when it's an 805 Bren or some other advancement.

Comment

• DJL2
          Bloodstained
          • Aug 2017

It's a shame the SIG 556R went away...I'd at least consider that.

Comment

• Drift
            Warrior
            • Nov 2014

I'm probably interested in one. Please keep us informed, even if it only an AK. And I'll try and find that AK article to read . If I can find a store with shelves, or working lights to see by.

Comment

Working...
            X