• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • captbo
    Unwashed
    • Aug 2017

18" black nitrite

Hi Folks I have been planning this build for awhile, I went with the BCA 18" heavy fluted black Nitrite barrel, The black nitrite was not on my radar and what I read sounded good I hope I will not be disappointed. I am building a hunting rifle not a supper long distance shooter,, Kindly share your thoughts
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Honestly with any barrel it is kind of luck of the draw unless you spend a lot more money from some of the high end barrel makers like Satern cut rifled, Les Baer, PF, Lilja, JP inc, Shilen 6.5 Grendel barrels.

The reviews I've read have for the most part been positive on BCA. From the few different barrels I've been around rack grade/mass produced barrels may have a few accurate loads but some of the higher end barrels produce consistent accuracy with a wider range of ammo.

I try not to have to high of expectations when building/buying rack grade products. Fortunately I have been satisfied with my 6.5 Grendel barrels I've purchased. When buying a rack grade/mass produced barrel I prefer to buy from vendors with good customer service in the event I encounter an inaccurate or defective product.

I'll be surprised if your BCA does not provide enough accuracy to make a good hunting AR-15. I bought a 16" Faxon Group Buy barrel which is Nitride and I really like the barrel and Nitride QPQ finish. Let us know how you like your BCA.
    Last edited by VASCAR2; 09-09-2017, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• captbo
      Unwashed
      • Aug 2017

great thanks for the input !

Comment

Working...
      X