• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prelude86
    Unwashed
    • Sep 2017

6.5 18" hunting barrel recommendations

All

Looking for some recommendations on a good 6.5 Grendel 18" hunting barrel. Again, I am new to the 6.5 and am looking for input for my first build.

Thanks.
  • Kilco
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2016

There are two that come to mind for hunting barrels.

AA makes a 18" lightweight fluted barrel for under $200 that is a known shooter.

JP makes a 18" lightweight barrel.. it's JP so I can just about guarantee it would be a shooter.

Not sure if you can just get a Larue 18" barrel at the moment, but that would be a safe bet as well.

Any one of those three would be sure to make you warm and fuzzy inside.

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Odin Works can be purchased with just a barrel or they are sold in package deals where you can get barrel, BCG and gas block. Primary arms had a great sale on them over labor day weekend. Get on Primary Arms email notification as they run frequent specials just like PSA. Joeboboutfitters also carries Odin Works plus Odin Works has their own web store where they are constantly running sales. I signed up for Odin's news letter/advertisement and might be worth checking out.

Ballistic Advantage barrels are getting good reviews and Faxon 6.5 Grendel barrels are just now showing up at retailers.

Bear Creek Arsenal has many various 6.5 Grendel barrels on their web store. BCA have the lowest prices plus are the supplier for the AR Stoner from Midway and a couple other companies.

A good place to watch for BA and Faxon barrels at very good prices is Monmouth reloading. They usually have 30% of BA barrels, currently sold out but worth getting on email notification.

Last edited by VASCAR2; 09-10-2017, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• grayfox
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2017

There's a group buy for faxon 18", plus bca is offering some nice stuff too.
        "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

Working...
        X