• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lone Hunter
    Warrior
    • Jan 2017

Anybody have an AT-1 Boyd's Gunstock

Anyone have a AT-1 Boyds Gunstock for the Howa Mini Action? Looking for information on them,pros or cons vs the laminate Boyds.. Or an AT-1 in any other combo and how you like it. Thanks
  • Dinny
    Warrior
    • Jun 2016

I have one and like it alot.

Thanks, Dinny

IMG_20170910_18831.jpg
    Last edited by Dinny; 09-11-2017, 02:24 AM.

Comment

• Lone Hunter
      Warrior
      • Jan 2017

Is it pillar bedded? I like being able to adjust the cheek piece and length of pull. How does the inletting fit the action? Thanks for the info..

Comment

• Dinny
        Warrior
        • Jun 2016

No pillars. The inletting was real close. I removed about 1/16" of wood to get it to bottom out. The bolt handle cut out was real close. That was all changed when I got it glass and pillar bedded.

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

• Kilco
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2016

My father has one on his mini and loves it. Very modular and the price is right.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Lone Hunter
            Warrior
            • Jan 2017

Good looking stock.. Same color I want. I like being able to adjust LOP and cheek height.. Put some pillars and bedding in and I believe it will be a pretty good setup. It would probably be better than the varmint thumb hole stock. I like that stock also but think the AT-1 would be a better choice.

Comment

• just_john
              Chieftain
              • Sep 2012

I put one on mine, the forest green version. The fit was very good, all tightened securely. My only downer is that the wrist in the stock ( the narrow area before the butt stock begins ) puts its ridges right under the first joint in my thumb. Have developing arthritis there ( happens when you get (well ) past 25 yrs old ) and becomes a bit painful after a short time at the range. Took a dremel to it and things are much better now. Had originally wanted to do the thumbhole but all of us are right handed except one Grandson who is a lefty and shoots that way. Didn't want to exclude anyone from the joys of Grendalling so I did the AT-1. No regrets now that it is reworked.

Comment

• Lone Hunter
                Warrior
                • Jan 2017

Kilco, what brake is that ? Also is that a tuner? I like that stock also. What option is that?

John, Hear you about getting well past 25 yrs old. I've got trigger finger in my left index finger(glad it is there instead of the right one) and it bothers me a lot. I believe for the price and options the AT-1 is the way to go on this rifle.

Comment

Working...
                X