• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kilco
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2016

Law tactical folding stock adapter.

Looking at this, but no experience first hand.

Anyone used/own one and can give me the pros/cons?

• wraith1516
    Warrior
    • Dec 2014

curious as well was thinking that sense you can shoulder an ar pistol it would add rhe extra lenght to shoot it comfortably from the shoulder till my sbr stamp arrives

Comment

• shooter545
      Warrior
      • Aug 2012

I have had two of them. They are well made but a little heavy. They also add some length of pull to the stock but if it is a carbine that can be adjusted. The ones I had were the newer ones that could be fired with the stock folded, not that I would ever have the need for that IMHO.

I gave one to a friend and sold the other because it just wasn't my thing. The guys at Law are great guys and shooters as well.

If you need the ability to fold the stock I think that they are the standard for others to follow.

Hope that helps.

Comment

• Klem
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2013

I am familiar with the latest version.

It works fine. Concealment is its only use. Its benefits get better the shorter the barrel is. So, on a 20" you might wonder what's the point. On an SBR, say 11" it's great for concealing in a daypack. One thing that becomes clear is that while you can shorten the length it comes at the expense of width. It makes the gun quite wide (unlike other guns with dedicated frame folding stocks and forward recoil systems). It also does not clip folded so you have to rely on the friction of the hinge. You need to pack it hinge-up so it does not catch as you retrieve it.

Comment

• Kilco
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Klem View Post
          I am familiar with the latest version.

It works fine. Concealment is its only use. Its benefits get better the shorter the barrel is. So, on a 20" you might wonder what's the point. On an SBR, say 11" it's great for concealing in a daypack. One thing that becomes clear is that while you can shorten the length it comes at the expense of width. It makes the gun quite wide (unlike other guns with dedicated frame folding stocks and forward recoil systems). It also does not clip folded so you have to rely on the friction of the hinge. You need to pack it hinge-up so it does not catch as you retrieve it.
          The width is something I did not consider, and on a 16" hunting set-up this might be a deal breaker for me..

Thank you gentleman for the input and experiences.

Comment

Working...
          X