Liberty Barrels, please opinions are welcomed. Grendel II not SAAMI.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • usmcm16a2
    Warrior
    • Aug 2015

Liberty Barrels, please opinions are welcomed. Grendel II not SAAMI.

Folks,

Need some help here, Liberty Barrels, please opinions are welcomed. Grendel II not SAAMI. Please no pissing matches, just facts and opinions. A2
  • rabiddawg
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by usmcm16a2 View Post
    Please no pissing matches, just facts and opinions. A2
    So I won't start a pissing contest I will just suggest you do a search for "scrape" and read thru a few of the threads.

Good luck
    Last edited by rabiddawg; 09-11-2017, 08:10 PM.
    Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

A member here bought a Satern/Liberty barrel from Brownell's last year IIRC. He used a standard gas block with a RRA lower with carbine buffer and spring. I was surprised this upper doesn't appear to be over gassed like the earlier Brownell's barrels I was around. This barrel had medicore accuracy which was traced to the gas block rubbing the free float hand guard. Once this was fixed the rifle has been accurate, especially with Sierra 120 grain Match Kings.

I have two Friends who each bought a 18" Brownell's out of the first batch and both are accurate but over gassed. One friend put an adjustable gas block on his plus his chamber was a little short but this a non issue as he usually shoots hand loads. This Friend opted to keep this barrel as it was an accurate barrel for the price.

If I were to buy a Satern/Liberty barrel I'd get it from Brownell's because of Brownell's satisfaction guarantee. Midway appears to have dropped Satern/Liberty and appears to be using Bear Creek Arsenal.

Today with more manufactures selling 6.5 Grendel barrels I'm note sure if I'd by a Satern/Liberty. I'm not sure the Grendel II chamber is that much less accurate than the SAMI compound throat chamber but I hate all the confusion the Grendel II chamber and BHW Type II bolt nomeclature has caused.
      Last edited by VASCAR2; 09-12-2017, 04:05 AM.

Comment

• Arkhangel5
        Warrior
        • Apr 2016

I have a 18in Brownell's Satern barrel with the GII chamber. It comes with a mid length gas system.

I have an adjustable gas block on it, but it is set to wide open, I have had no problems with my rifle shooting or running good. I run a rifle buffer tube and spring. I had no idea when I built the rifle of all other issues associated with the different setups. All I know is that mine is problem free and a good shooter. It is coming up on nearly 1k rounds thru it.

My rifle is basically a Franken gun, because I just bought parts from whomever had what I wanted at the time, was not interested in waiting. So I am surprised about no issues at all, especially after reading this site, which I joined after I had built mine.

All I know is my rifle is a solid sub moa shooter and that is all that matters.

SY

Comment

Working...
        X