• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Schrambo
    Warrior
    • Oct 2016

CBB 118gr and Maker 120gr TRex range day

No chrony this time, but the best 3-shot groups off the bench at 100 yards were:

Lilja 11.5"
    120gr Maker TRex
    27.4gr ArComp
    2.255" OAL
    Hornady brass
    CCI 450 primer
    .548" group

Lilja 16"
    118gr CBB MKZ
    27.6gr ArComp
    2.255" OAL
    Hornady brass
    CCI 450 primer
    .519" group

Primers fine, no ejector swipes... At least I have loads for hunting season now... I'll chrony them next time...

I'll also be doing a Maker 110gr TRex vs CBB 105gr MKZ comparison soon...

I'm pretty happy with these groups, clearly the guns are better shooters than I am...
    Last edited by Schrambo; 09-16-2017, 08:28 PM.
  • Troutguide
    Warrior
    • Jan 2017

Looking good, now go shoot those 105s and give us a report!! Please.
    "I rarely give a definite answer" - TG

Comment

• 1911man
      Warrior
      • May 2015

Very cool, id be very interested to see some chrony data on these down the line.

Comment

• s3silver
        Warrior
        • Sep 2014

Thanks for the info. I have 2 boxes of the CBB 118's on order. Seems like processing and shipping is a little slow.

I had such a hard time deciding whether to order the 105 or 118. Finally went with the 118 due to slower fps expansion threshold and higher bc. Was your AR Comp load compressed at all?

Comment

• Schrambo
          Warrior
          • Oct 2016

There was very slight compression on both loads... I went up to 27.8 on both loads and while there was more compression at 27.8, the primers were still fine...

Comment

• CavityBackBullets
            Bloodstained
            • Nov 2016

Originally posted by s3silver View Post
            Thanks for the info. I have 2 boxes of the CBB 118's on order. Seems like processing and shipping is a little slow.

I had such a hard time deciding whether to order the 105 or 118. Finally went with the 118 due to slower fps expansion threshold and higher bc. Was your AR Comp load compressed at all?
            We do apologize if your order was slow to ship.
            Its been a bit hectic here with a higher than normal order volume.
            We normally try to ship within 3 business days or sooner. If we fell short on that again our apologies.

Comment

• s3silver
              Warrior
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by CavityBackBullets View Post
              We do apologize if your order was slow to ship.
              Its been a bit hectic here with a higher than normal order volume.
              We normally try to ship within 3 business days or sooner. If we fell short on that again our apologies.
              No biggie CBB. Ordered 9/12, shipped 9/18, received 9/20. Was just wishing (excited and anxious) to receive them for range time that weekend.

I've been using the 100 ttsx and have been pleased with most deer DRT or going just a few steps. Hoping these will perform even better with the pre-cut outs on the petals and provide a better blood trail if tracking is needed.

Comment

Working...
              X