Results of Sep 12th SHARE Act Legislative Hearing (Included HPA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stanc
    Banned
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by montana View Post
    I would love to continue this but I think we have strayed a little too far from the OP, so I will end it here before I get into more trouble
    Yeah, it's been fun -- sort of -- but I really need to stop this, too, and start doing something productive.

Comment

• montana
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by stanc View Post
      LOL. The 1986 FOPA eliminated some provisions of the 1968 GCA, but did not repeal it.
      Worse yet, the FOPA "protected" us out of the manufacture of a whole class of firearms.

Do you know what a "Pyrrhic victory" is?
      Yes, it is the type of victory I have debating you

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

It keeps getting page-bumped off every page that I mention it with sidebar traffic, so I'll just keep mentioning that the chief "expert witness" for the Democrats and anti-2A members of the Federal Land Use Committee was retired ATF SAC/ASAC David Chipman, who just coincidentally happens to be the lead sales rep for Shot Spotter.

Shot Spotter just launched their IPO in July, and credits Chipman as their head of North American sales during a time of explosive growth.

Served this nation for over 25 years in support of ATF's mission to combat violent crime. Led North American Sales for ShotSpotter during period of explosive growth while demonstrating the true nature of gun violence. Dedicated to developing, implementing and evaluating firearms violence reduction strategies aimed at making neighborhoods safe. Possessed a Top Secret SCI clearance.
        David H. Chipman joined SST, Inc. to expand the company's leadership in partnering with cities nationwide to fight gun violence and related crime through the use of its ShotSpotter gunfire data and intelligence. An experienced law enforcement veteran, Chipman served over 25 years in numerous executive and field agent roles at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives (ATF). While at the ATF, Chipman developed, implemented and evaluated firearms violence reduction strategies aimed at making America's neighborhoods safer.
        He most recently served as a senior advisor to Mayors Against Illegal Guns, a national, bipartisan coalition of mayors working to shield America’s communities from gun violence. Chipman has also served as an ATF Fellow for the International Association of Chiefs of Police.
        These kinds of dirtbags should be banned from appearing on any hearings related to 2A unless they are subpoenaed as possible defendants, especially coming from BATFE.
        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• bj139
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2017

There seems to be resistance in Connecticut with AR owners refusing to register their ARs. The same will happen in California, I guess.
          Last edited by bj139; 09-20-2017, 12:49 AM.

Comment

• montana
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
            It keeps getting page-bumped off every page that I mention it with sidebar traffic, so I'll just keep mentioning that the chief "expert witness" for the Democrats and anti-2A members of the Federal Land Use Committee was retired ATF SAC/ASAC David Chipman, who just coincidentally happens to be the lead sales rep for Shot Spotter.

Shot Spotter just launched their IPO in July, and credits Chipman as their head of North American sales during a time of explosive growth.

These kinds of dirtbags should be banned from appearing on any hearings related to 2A unless they are subpoenaed as possible defendants, especially coming from BATFE.
            This is what you would call conflict of interest or a hostile witness. Our ding bat, alcoholic, obese, leftist mayor joined the soros funded mayors against gun violence and with the city council banned gun shows or any transfers of firearms outside dealer back ground checks within city limits even though there has never been one case where this would have prevented a crime. This meant I couldn't sell my firearm to my best friend within city limits without going through a dealer. The leftist city attorneys spent tens of thousands of dollars of tax payers money getting this passed and guaranteed it was within Montana law. It wasn't and our Montana supreme court ruled it unconstitutional under Montana law. This is another example why it is so important to get pro gun representatives elected within states and local governments. Getting state pro gun laws passed are vital to keeping our gun rights.

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

If you go to Shot Spotter's site now and search FAQs, only a 14 point list shows up, as opposed to the one I linked earlier with 16 points.

Congressman Duncan's office didn't even know about this aspect of the legislation and the chief witness being financially tied to a company that seems to not want to have to deal with detecting suppressors (or punctuation errors and proof-reading of their website). They do have some great webinars for influencing your elected representatives though.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• LRRPF52
                Super Moderator
                • Sep 2014

I notified American Suppressor Association about this as well.

ShotSpotter has been burning millions for the past 2 years, so the IPO seems to be a way of creating some cash infusion so they can get into the black. Nothing wrong with that, but I can see how they wouldn't want to invest millions in testing and calibration for their sensors, then re-write their firmware for the customers.

They lost $6.13 million in 2015 and $6.86 million last year. You start to see how the anti-HPA chief "expert witness" and ShotSpotter's North American lead sales rep would constantly talk about how the HPA would make people's jobs much harder. Instead of open stating that it would make the work of the company he works for more difficult, he said it would make law enforcement's job more difficult, causing massive problems in fighting crime. When we see how much cash they've been hemorrhaging, I can understand his sense of urgency.

Funny how things warped his mind, when suppressors are such a non issue, that even the ATF said they don't normally consider removing any of the restricted items from the unconstitutional National Registry, but in the case of suppressors, they are more than open to it because of the undue workload it causes them, as well as the fact that they only recommended prosecute 44 crimes with suppressor possession per year.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• stanc
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2011

SHARE Act shelved indefinitely. http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/10/0...silencer-bill/

Comment

Working...
                  X