Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Decal Machine is up and GTG.

I'd be in for some of the wordless Grrr's.

Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by sneaky one View Post

bj139 thank you. You are our new computer tech guy, if you don't mind.
    Anything I can do to help let me know.

Another try on picsDSCN1128.JPG

Went too large- carbon fiber look in background.

I'm done teasing- no comp expert without Jr here.. You get the idea, anything can be made by DM== decal man. It's all coming together 1 lil piece at a time, daily. I'll redo this pic.

From the original paper test run- I'm liking the second down on lt. side Black beast- no shadow- just a circle - of any color-btw- around it. And no words.

Cool on ammo boxes? I'll see how small he can make these-

I put the Realtree background camo unit on our car. guess who's pithed?

The decal pkg he gave to me were on the crosshair outer width- 2" 3" 4" etc. More will come online here. Just keep chillin , we are busy guys .

I have a dozen ideas to show him, but not now.

3 of the units he gave me were printed on the better laminated mtl. He said the std. 3m viynal is 7 yr. rated, Laminated adds 2 -? years?

All I have for today.
    Last edited by sneaky one; 10-05-2017 at 01:18 AM.

tryin-- getting there mob.

Oh yeah, it's finally kinda workin. Bft is getting a sore arm soon. Click on pic to enlarge.

This is at 1500 x 1500 not too bad -eh? Forgot to pick pixels near resize pic spot.

I'll see if Jr can Utube this Shiite. Sickening as all get out... I want to dump it from my fone- then done. Dat's dat.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sneaky one; 10-05-2017 at 04:02 AM.

Just off of fone with BFT., he's gonna look into all this. Cool.

Is the logo copyrighted? If, hypothetically, my daughter has a decal-cutter, and my friend has already adorned his car and an eLander with vinyl Grendel's, would I, I mean he, upset anyone?

Probably not unless you post it on the internet. And yes I believe BFT has rights to the logo.
    "I rarely give a definite answer" - TG

Warrior
    Could we get a decal that looks like the patch that was made some time ago? Silver Grendel with red eyes and black background?

I'm also interested in the black Grendel with no lettering.

Bft & I went to the range on Monday, we had a chat of copyrights, etc. We were cleared for doing this- through him. Anyone else could make some, just can't sell them.

Mr D- yes, now that all the mind numbing setup is about done- DM can add- delete- change any color, do a camo -- like realtree, etc.

I still have not gave him a few of my crayon ideas- I want him all set up and comfy firstly.

Crayon up what you want, pic it , post it here for now, He can scan it, then make it. He has $150K in his setup, he just wants to get his use out of it all. The sheets will be reasonable.

Bft said he may put a small spot on here like AR15 Build Box. Hang in there..

3 weeks till deer season here. Remod, work, decal chats,, general wifey, and daily chaos slows things down here.
    Last edited by sneaky one; 10-12-2017 at 12:25 AM.

Weekly update- now I'm a part time sales guy -hee., get a small compass, with the small pencil at 1 end- needle at the other end- measure the outside diameter of the sizes you want, put them onto a std. printer paper sheet.

Squeeze in a few different sizes, or pick 3 big, plus 2 med.,, or All 1/2" whatever you want and will fit on that sheet... With a 1/4" boundery around each decal- And colors- and background ideas- anything is possible, use your imagination. The ideas are endless... go for it. all sheets should be about $12.00, plus shipping- maybe $3.00, envelope-stamps- etc.

A bunch of decals for a decent price. Sound good?

That will be the first run. PM me with a full description. I will give you the link then. And hand it to DM, with a ship to address. This is really happening!

DM will sign up soon to fully take care of this, I'm just the instigator on these things. I have to ready for hunting at same time. PM PM me for 2 weeks, we'll do our best at first running here.

The most popular idea was the second down on lt. of first post, and lower rt. - both without letterings. Plain. Lemmee know thru PM's. I'm here for us, as my remod is about done. Whew

Lets fire this up.
    Last edited by sneaky one; 10-14-2017 at 10:09 PM.

Something like this? I didn't measure i just threw this together for an example I need to measure a couple things to determine ideal sizes with correct border size and whatnot.

Screen Shot 2017-10-14 at 9.25.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-10-14 at 9.25.24 PM.png

Yes, nicely done. I took a pic with fone- I'll show it to DM tomorrow. Let me know when you get the sizes dialed in- include the horn tips as part of the outer diameter.

I like the circle, but it can be taken off, or a diff color too. That's the beauty of this, any style and color can be had,-- just the beast stays as is.

D. Davis would like 9/16" for his ejection port -dust cover. And for a small 6.5 Grendel for the other side.

I just got home from the woods. I'll be on this tomorrow. If enough interest in what you're sizes come out to be- he could do a big run by the wknd.

cut vinyl , or laminated? Clear inside the circle, or?

Quote Originally Posted by Troutguide View Post
    Something like this? I didn't measure i just threw this together for an example I need to measure a couple things to determine ideal sizes with correct border size and whatnot.

Screen Shot 2017-10-14 at 9.25.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-10-14 at 9.25.24 PM.png
    +1, this!

Is white color inside good?

We are not fully up to speed as a polling station, ordering, etc. We all can wing it here for a bit thru me,,, temporarily----small amounts to start this.

Little bit at a time- Please? Last Remod is 1 week from done for now...

Really like the help Trout provided with that pic- as a start for DM. Thank you.

Typing paper size is A Sheet. 8.5 x 11" ? That's a sheet of decals. That's the standard. 2 set prices- one for std. cut vinyl, 1 for laminated stuff. += pinch more per sheet. Plus a few for shipping to your pod.

Wayyy better deal than buying those tourist decals , on side of road or in store in touristy traps--- right? China junky...

Whatever Yo Can Fit on a sheet will be 1 of 2 different vinayl prices= Pack in as many as you can.

Lets get those 3rd grade compasses out kids! I think Troutguide would be willing to help on this project a bit? Very nice sheet setup. Cooool dude!

I will hook him up with DM asap- if interested . Busy guy as always, could use some backup help. Now - finally I'm getting a bunch-of help--- way after the ballistics tests with ROS. JASmith also. BFT, as always- plus a many more. Thanks to all that have helped so far, A bit more help may be needed asap. small items.

I'll post it up if- and as per needed per small need. This is my only forum, for a few reasons. Sleep time...

I'm conked, bed time.
    Last edited by sneaky one; 10-17-2017 at 05:01 AM.

Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by sneaky one View Post
    cut vinyl , or laminated? Clear inside the circle, or?
    If black like Trout posted, I would prefer a clear background like what Rick posted.

What's the difference between vinyl or laminated?

Also does the Grendel have to be a solid color? Like can I make the Grendel one color and add shading to the bottom of the horns and around the jaw.

I would prefer a clear background for most of them and I don't care about the shadows, but a clear sheet and a white sheet would not be bad, once we get a layout it sounds like he can customize fairly easily. I am slammed with papers to write but will try to get a better handle on size and do a better layout today or tomorrow.

Warrior
    Ok here's some I just finished. These are on 8.5" x 11" with a minimum 1/4" boundary around each sticker (minimum 1/2" spacing between each sticker). I did 6 different sizes; 3", 2.5", 2", 1.5", 1", and 1/2". First I did a sheet of each size so everyone can see what it you look like if you just did that size. This also has an added benefit that if a mod for the forums wants to order up a bunch and sell them individually to people that only wants a couple instead of a whole sheet they can see about how much it would cost per sticker. Finally I did a sample layout with all 6 sizes. This layout contains 2 - 3", 2 - 2.5", 3 - 2", 3 - 1.5", 6 - 1", and 6 - 1/2". Please ignore the red boxes, I did that just to make sure each sticker had 1/4" boundary and to make it easier to visualize the layout.

Later when I have time I plan on doing a different color scheme. I'm going to make the Grendel and it's horns silver with grey shading, red eyes, and a black background but this should get people some ideas.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This reminds me of something someone tried to sell me before a Grateful Dead concert back in 1986....

Grendel%20_5in.jpg
    Kalifornicated Mindset

Good one stone!

Draco, the second in from left-- you could re do that entire sheet to squeeze in a few more smaller sizes. It's all doable just measure it all out on that sheet size. It's all about price Per sheet guys.

It's an added layer of clear film on the outside I was told. Laminated. Encapsulated, protected from the elements .

Trout, no real rush- whenever time allows. This is taking shape nicely.

Get a .99 cent compass- have fun with it. I felt like in 3rd grade while trying my ideas out- more later on those. Scuuze me while I kiss the sky! I made up a funky 1 that I won't put on here. I got the -NO headshake from ....

Just keep it all simple, is all DM asked. No fog machine look from 80's rock bad concerts, etc. No leaping lizards in the background. No Beatles album covers, no.

sgt. Pepper has to stay lonely. 5000 , ? or more colors to choose from. How about a blaze orange beast? For those of us hunters on here.

DM trolls this every night to make sure he's ready---- to finally sign in. More ideas he sees, it lights him up & now ME to keep asking for help in new ideas. Or tweak the ideas out so far.

A dozen or 2 would be about right to get this fully started. Need a polling spot, hmmmm. Who could help, Roe did a nice deal with his hunting spot for game taken down...

Any volunteers? BFT? are you in earshot tonight ?

I'll take some Q & A until DM signs up. He can be set up with a polling , & FAQ spot on his own, and or through BFT. All good.
    Last edited by sneaky one; 10-18-2017 at 01:50 AM.

PM me , if you want a sheet or 2 from the past pic posts. Decal man is ready to run a batch. I'll clear out a ton of space from my inbox.

You can contact me,Via -pm- then --for now-- I'll send my spot for a M. O.

Just need your forum handle, your actual address, And name, no jokey- ----

Then we-He- can ship some out.

This is temporary, DM will get up to speed asap. We are both so busy... This sound okay? How about some 1.5" black monster, with clear background?

Just to get this going? Some help would be nice-

He can run a batch this week- if the want is there. Lemmeeee know. pm me.