some guy from the sierras of Cali, saying whats up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hunterofthedeer
    Unwashed
    • Sep 2017

some guy from the sierras of Cali, saying whats up!

I just ordered a BCA upper for my registered pre-ban bushmaster. This gun has been seldomly used, and has been in the safe most of the 18 years I've had her. That all changes when I get my new upper. I am a dedicated big game bear and deer hunter and cannot wait to shelf the 7mm rem mag and pack the lighter 6.5 AR!

Only bummer is I paid for the overnight Air and talked to the guy today at BCA and he told me "I tell all of our customers we are like subway, we don't make it until you order it so it could take two weeks to process it" I responded "even though it says "in stock" on your website" he then replied "it just means we have the parts in stock needed to construct the upper. I mean I guess I'm cool with all that I have no choice now that it's paid for but the subway analogy sucks, cause they have my sandwich ready within 3 minutes after I pay, haha!
  • sreyemj
    Unwashed
    • Sep 2017

Maybe call and change the shipping? Hopefully this upper makes you pre-ban a little more useful, hunting with a light AR will be an improvement for sure.

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Hunterofthedeer! Hope your BCA uppers gets here quickly and is a good shooter.

Comment

• IescapedCali
        Warrior
        • Sep 2017

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm about to order my own "in stock" upper, and now I won't be tempted by the 'have it tomorrow' thought process. I'm new here too, but welcome from the other side of the Sierra's.

Comment

• Kilco
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2016

Wow didn't know that about BCA. Good info!

And welcome to the forum!

Comment

• Hunterofthedeer
            Unwashed
            • Sep 2017

Unfortunately it hasn't shipped yet. Called their CS today twice and no answer, just rings. Uggh.

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard. Sorry to hear about the delay.
              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Texas
                Chieftain
                • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum Hunter of the Deer. I was experimenting with 140 gr bullets in my Grendel to day and was quite impressed by the accuracy. Would like a little more velocity, but it is going to be interesting to see how effective it is on pigs.

Comment

• newb
                  Warrior
                  • Feb 2015

Welcome.

Not sure which part of the Sierra's you are from. Early August I did a little road trip and went to the Downieville Brewfest one day and went rock climbing outside of Auburn the next.

Comment

Working...
                  X