curse you all----bft, nathan, and faxon!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jonny rotton
    Warrior
    • Dec 2015

curse you all----bft, nathan, and faxon!!!!

i bought several of the faxon 12" barrels. i shot the first two yesterday for accuracy. damn you!!!! one i shot with a trijicon rx 06 red dot. no magnification, i ran some wolf thru it to get on target. then some hornady sst. 7/8" group with my old eyes. (i am between 60 and 70). the second one i had mounted a leupold 1.5-4x scope. after a few groups of wolf i tried some hornady sst at 100. NO POOP!!! just under 1/4" three shot group.
    now the reason for my anger. they shot so wonderfully well that now i need to spend more money on better optics!!! that is going to cost me some serious money. if anyone really feels my pain pm me and i will accept donations to my new scope fund. all size donations will be welcome.
    i am afraid that many others will experience pain as they shoot their new barrels from faxon. were they worth the wait??? i think so!!
    jr

ps. please share your stories
  • explorecaves
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

Think this barrel will shoot... (build thread here: http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...l-build-thread )

Last edited by explorecaves; 09-16-2017, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• Troutguide
      Warrior
      • Jan 2017

Just send that Leopold on to me and I will suffer through the agony of limited range, my eyes are better so it won't hurt too much. i am still waiting on my barrel but your comments make it so much easier... NOT!!!
      "I rarely give a definite answer" - TG

Comment

• Ditcher
        Warrior
        • Apr 2017

Well yeah I can shoot that good when i'm a few feet from the target! LOL
        What was you're distance? Never mind lol Just say it on the target. Maybe I need to have my eyes checked!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
          Administrator
          • Feb 2011

Oh, yeah? That looks like my standing one-handed groups from my AR pistol at 200 yards!
          :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• sneaky one
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Yes, it's all bad- that scope needs to be changed out.. I can shoot and kill flies at 80-100 yds. with my 16" Faxxy tube. New 25 power scope helps a bit....

Excellent shooting guys! Describe your bench setups -please. We need to upgrade here.

This just lead me to a new idea for the range portable shooting setup. Thanks guys. I'll start working on a lite weight prototype asap.
            Last edited by sneaky one; 09-18-2017, 12:11 AM.

Comment

• explorecaves
              Warrior
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by sneaky one View Post
              Yes, it's all bad- that scope needs to be changed out.. I can shoot and kill flies at 80-100 yds. with my 16" Faxxy tube. New 25 power scope helps a bit....

Excellent shooting guys! Describe your bench setups -please. We need to upgrade here.

This just lead me to a new idea for the range portable shooting setup. Thanks guys. I'll start working on a lite weight prototype asap.
              I was just using a couple sand bags on a concrete shooting bench at the public range.

Comment

• jonny rotton
                Warrior
                • Dec 2015

i use a atlas bipod and rear sand bag. on a concrete bench. one of these days i will learn how to upload a picture.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

jonny if all else fails send your picks in an email and another forum member can upload them for you.

I'm currently using Flickr but it's not real user friendly for novices like me. I had used Photobucket for many years until they started charging so I dumped them. Here is a link to instructions on how to upload your pictures directly from your desk top, lap top or mobile device.

1. Go to the lower right corner of the "Quick Reply" section and click on the "Go Advanced" box. 2. In the next screen, below the "Your Message" section and in the "Additional Options" section click the "Manage Attachments" box. 3. In the new window that opens up click the
                  Last edited by VASCAR2; 09-18-2017, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X