• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phrimgronk
    Unwashed
    • Sep 2017

New guy in VA

I recently received an upper from GrendelHunter. 18" fluted barrel. The intent is to have something a bit more capable than the usual .223/5.56, but stick to the AR platform. Therefore - 6.5 G.

I was trying to bore sight a scope to the upper today, using a small in-muzzle laser to make the initial alignment and couldn't figure how in the world I don't have enough vertical adjustment in the scope. Then I realized that the laser was set up for .223 and the weight of the laser head caused just enough of an angular shift inside the .264 bore to drop the laser spot out of the range of the scope turret. <shakes head>. Of course, I've managed to lose all of the other (larger) end pieces for the laser. Fortunately, there is a Cabela's only a couple of miles from the house....... Life's an adventure, so they say.

Regarding ammunition, I bought a variety of rounds in 123gr to see what commercial brand(s) it likes best. I reload, but this will be my first attempt at rifle cartridges. On that subject, I've hit a number of web sites looking for hints on this particular round. I'll check over on the reloading sub-forum on that topic.

Thanks to the forum admins for their work.

Phrimgronk
  • jackwagon
    Warrior
    • Jul 2017

Welcome to the forum. I have spent a bit of time in the Hillsville/ Galax area, love that part of the country.

Comment

• just_john
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2012

Welcome to the Clan from the Great Nation of Texas! If you don't already have 'em, get Vol's 1 and 2 of the Great Grendel Gospel. Do a search for the handbooks and you will find the ordering info. A tremendous source of how's, what's and why's.

Comment

• Kilco
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2016

Welcome to the Horde!!

Two great perks of the Grendel is awesome factory ammunition, and also an extremely easy cartridge to load for.

Cheap to fees, low working pressure makes for great brass life, and the best performing powders, primers and bullets are quite plentiful. You will enjoy!! Let us know how that Grendel hunter shoots for you.

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Phrimgronk!

Comment

Working...
          X