• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Six5x39
    Warrior
    • Sep 2017

Help me pick one out of two

These two are within my budget . definitely going with 16" .

very noob when it comes down to barrel material and I would like your help to make decision .

Faxon barrel certainly catches my eyes with specs . other hand Odin spec is very minimal . maybe both have their pros n cons .

I will be shooting 75% brass ( zero , load development ) , 25% steel that wolf provides .

thanks in advance

Crafted from 416R stainless steel, this 16 inch 6.5 Grendel barrel is the pinnacle of value. All of our barrels are manufactured in-house in Cincinnati, Ohio.

6.5 Grendel Barrel 16' ULTRAlite Intermid, includes gas tube, 1:8 Twist, made from 416R stainless steel, hand lapped.
  • js8588
    Warrior
    • Jul 2017

Faxon. QPQ will last longer. Odin is probably a little bit more accurate.

Comment

• Kilco
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2016

Very proud of this build. Everything went togather slick, and is functioning perfectly thus far. Surpassed my expectations. Ruger AR556 lower BCM upper Odin Works 16" barrel, BCG, tunable gas block Geissele SSA-E DPMS miculek comp Midwest industries gen 2 ss 15" Pepr mount and Redfield Revolution TAC 3-9

Here is a link to my build using the 16" Odin Works set-up.
      I have been extremely pleased with the performance.

Comment

• sreyemj
        Unwashed
        • Sep 2017

Probably Faxon based on price, shouldn't notice too much of a difference (if at all) for your use.

Comment

• Six5x39
          Warrior
          • Sep 2017

nice build man .. guess I can't go wrong with any of em . thanks all

Comment

• 85_Ranger4x4
            Warrior
            • Nov 2016

I love my 16" 7.62x39 Faxon barrel, very nicely finished. I have heard good things about Odin though, never been around one at all.

Comment

• Six5x39
              Warrior
              • Sep 2017

looking at two barrels .. it seems like gas block holes are located in different location , even though they are both mid-length gas . odin barrel almost looKS like it's rifle length gas .

as for reliability , I guess it would not matter since I'll be using adjustable gas block . right ?

should I go with odin , if their gas block hole is further way from chamber compare to faxon ?

Comment

• Kilco
                Chieftain
                • Jan 2016

Neither one of these barrels will steer you wrong. The Faxon is a mid length gas with a (.74 or .75 can't remember which port)

The Odin uses a longer Intermediate length gas system and a .94 port. I only have personal experience with the Odin and have only good things to say about it. Faxon built theirs to Bill Alexanders specs so you won't go wrong their either.

One of my big reasons for the Odin was thay it came with a tunable gas block, gas tube, BCG and bolt.

If I were to just buy a barrel.... id probably take Odin, Faxon, AA and BA, and see what one offered best price and avalibility, as all will serve you well.

Comment

• Lastrites
                  Warrior
                  • Apr 2017

I tried to go AA but couldn't take the rolling wait. Found an Odin/DSarms complete 16" upper for substantially less than I could build it so I went that route and am very happy so far with the limited time I've had to shoot it. Bwtn work and hurricanes both have been a royal pain in trying to enjoy my free time.

Now I am trying to decide bwtn a 12" and a 20" to complete the bucket of parts I had laying around prior to finding the above upper.

Comment

• Six5x39
                    Warrior
                    • Sep 2017

yea . I really like the combo deal . I probably will go with odin deal . thanks

Comment

• StoneHendge
                      Chieftain
                      • May 2016

JoeBob can dun save you money on the Odin
                      Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Six5x39
                        Warrior
                        • Sep 2017

** face palm ** could've save me 50bucks right there . man .. I really sucks at online shopping

Comment

Working...
                        X