• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 85_Ranger4x4
    Warrior
    • Nov 2016

Originally posted by funnelcake View Post
    Huh, I learned something today! I had no idea on the different bolt lengths. When I built mine, I bought the bolt from Black Rifle Arms (from the description it sure reads like a Lehigh bolt!). I went down & measured & it's 2.81:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9785[/ATTACH]

IMO that's one of those things that should be a standard! Were/ are the Lehigh group buy bolts 2.81?? For folks that want a spare firing pin, you could get a stainless pin from a reputable manufacturer; I wouldn't want to shorten a HC pin either... That's too bad the Toolcraft bolts are 2.80. Though I guess stocking a few extra firing pins, it's not a big deal.
    The group buy Lehigh bolts were supposed to have the extra length. No idea if their regular ones do.

Comment

• Difranco
      Unwashed
      • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Texas View Post
      It looks like the feed ramps have been enlarged where the lug between the two ramps is very small in lug support area. In the bolt picture, there is a lot of brass discoloration on the piece in the lower right corner which can not bee seen on the lug fragments.

Do you have a picture of the bolt pin that secures the bolt to the bolt carrier? Additionally, it would be interested to take the bolt to a machine shop and have any part of the bolt tested for Rockwell hardness

Do you have the brass that was the result of this bolt sheer? If so, a picture of that would also be helpful.
      The bolt pin looks new, nothing out of the ordinary. The brass is literally unremarkable. I measured every dimension I could of the brass out of curiosity and its all within a thousandth of the rest of the brass that has come out of that chamber.
      When you clean the vacuum cleaner you become the vacuum cleaner.

Comment

• sneaky one
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

AA and the recent group buys on bolts, are the way to go for a many of us. All are made from the original Bill A design. At the same company, with same testing procedures.

A few hot loads came about while testing my lite Gmx bullet loads- never broke any lugs off---- Just get the BEST parts- screw the other minions

Comment

• Difranco
          Unwashed
          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by sneaky one View Post
          AA and the recent group buys on bolts, are the way to go for a many of us. All are made from the original Bill A design. At the same company, with same testing procedures.

A few hot loads came about while testing my lite Gmx bullet loads- never broke any lugs off---- Just get the BEST parts- screw the other minions
          Before the seller contacted me and offered to assist in the exchange, I was looking at buying a JP enterprises bolt and barrel extension.
          When you clean the vacuum cleaner you become the vacuum cleaner.

Comment

Working...
          X