• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mtcrest
    Unwashed
    • Sep 2017

Larue Upper Weight

Howdy All
    New guy and have learned a lot in a short time off y'all's great forum.

I'm on the verge of ordering the Larue Ultimate Upper kit and need a tiny bit of information. I called the good folks at Larue and no one could tell me the weight of the upper, only the complete rifle at 7.8#. Would someone who owns the Larue Upper be able to provide a total Upper weight w/o glass/rings? I'm planning on a lighter weight deer rifle and am wondering between the Larue or the AA 18" lightweight upper. The AA is listed at 4.3# on their site

Thanks for the assistance and good luck this upcoming season!

David
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

5lbs 3oz

I pulled my LaRue SPR-mounted scope off with no worries about return-to-zero, because the first group I shot with it matched the location of the factory test target, and the scope and mount were shipped in a separate box.
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• mtcrest
      Unwashed
      • Sep 2017

Thank you so much! That helps a lot. Now a bit more 'paralysis by analysis' worrying about a pound of weight on the Larue vs AA. I imagine their quality and expectation of accuracy would be similar, now mostly how heavy a rifle I want to carry.

By the way, I plan on buying your reloading books on the Grendel later this fall. They look like a lot of great info

David

Comment

Working...
      X