• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mopardoctor
    Warrior
    • Apr 2015

100 g ttsx and lvr

I've been wanting to get to the range but work and house work and helping a daughter move just killed this summer. First free day I get after 90 days of no rain and there are cloudbursts of rain all day. Couldn't get the Chrony to work very well, lousey lighting at the range with clouds and sun alternating. Zeroed my new scope with 29 G loads of 8208 and a 100 G Nosler BT. Worked well, groups on paper and cases ejected exactly at 4:00. Next I shot 30 G of LVR and 100 G Barnes TTSX. Worked well, same POI, cases landed in the "bucket" at 4:00 and no pressure signs on the case or the primer. This will be my hunting load, I'm happy with it. No Chrony readings, all I was getting was error 1 and error 2. As another benefit LVR is $3.00 cheaper than IMR 8208.

Mopar Doctor
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

With the 100gr TTSX, try working up to 33.5gr of LEVERevolution in .3gr increments.

There are published loads going up to 32.0gr under 123gr SST and AMAX.

30.0gr of LEVERevolution under a 100gr solid even is a really light load.

What barrel length and chamber do you have?
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Mopardoctor
      Warrior
      • Apr 2015

18" Brownell stainless steel (Saturn I guess). I don't know what the chamber is but I have never had any of the chamber and headspace problems that other shooters have reported. This barrel likes anything I feed it, always gives good groups. I had loads ready for up to 32.5 but decided to not waste them since the weather and the chrony were not cooperating.

I Try to get out there and try some hotter loads and report back.

Mopar Doctor

Comment

Working...
      X