• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • A1Vixen
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2017

Hello from Europe

Hello, I'm new @ 65grendel.com, living in a small country in europe.
    I never saw someone shooting a Grendel in live, because here in europe the Grendel isn't common.

Because of my results with the 6.5 Creedmoor and the Grendel is interesting me since years it's now time to converse my old Sako 6PPC to a rifle which can hit targets @ more that 300m!
    I have a few questions, which will be soon posted in the bolt action forum, hope you can help me to find the right setup ;-)
  • brian y
    Warrior
    • Dec 2016

Welcome, You are in the right place to get all your questions answered. Which small country are you in?, I too am from a small country in Europe but I have been here in the US for a number of years.
    NRA Endowment Member, GOA Life Member, FPC Member, VDL Member

Comment

• tlbailey1
      Unwashed
      • Sep 2017

Welcome A1Vixen! What country are you from and shooting disciplines do you participate in? What are the laws like there regarding private ownership?

@brian y- Cymru am byth

Comment

• Kilco
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2016

Welcome!! A forum member here did an amazing Sako Grendel build and has many quality YouTube videos on it, check it out!!

Comment

• A1Vixen
          Bloodstained
          • Sep 2017

I'm from Luxembourg, our rules for private ownership are not that unbureaucratic as you have them in Texas, but better than California and the UK ;-)
          I'm shooting Long Range, which isn't really easy in Europe, because there aren't lot of shooting ranges you have acces as civilian.

@Kilco. I saw these videos and those were one of the reason why I want to have my old Sako now in 6.5 Creedmoor.
          The 6PPC barrel is end life and I do not shoot lot on 100&200m, so there's no reason for me to rebarrel it in this caliber.

Comment

• just_john
            Chieftain
            • Sep 2012

Welcome to the Clan from the Great Nation of Texas! We are glad to have you aboard and will offer as much advise as possible!

Comment

• VASCAR2
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum A1Vixen, there are many members on this forum with a wealth of knowledge. There are also members from numerous countries so I hope the forum is helpful and enjoyable.

Comment

• StoneHendge
                Chieftain
                • May 2016

Welcome! I once had a 3 1/2 hour "business" lunch in Luxembourg in my prior life. Replete with cognac and Habanos!
                Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• newb
                  Warrior
                  • Feb 2015

Welcome!

Your American (English) is far better than my French, German, or Luxembourgish.

Well..... I used to speak enough French and German to get by, but haven't used it in 3 decades....so even if you only knew 10 words in English you would still be better than me... haha.

Comment

• A1Vixen
                    Bloodstained
                    • Sep 2017

But English is my worst language, I'm lot better by speaking and writing the other 3 languages you enumerated in your post.
                    But I'll try to do my best that you'll understand what I want to say/write.
                    Last edited by A1Vixen; 09-22-2017, 07:32 AM.

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                      Warrior
                      • Nov 2016

Lol. Enumerated... Something tells me you'll be fine! Your English is probably better than mine. Don't sweat it.
                      Welcome aboard.
                      Last edited by The Profit Joseph Sith; 09-23-2017, 01:29 AM.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                        Super Moderator
                        • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard A1Vixen.
                        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                          Chieftain
                          • Oct 2016

Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• A1Vixen
                            Bloodstained
                            • Sep 2017

Vielen Dank ;-)
                            Thank you everybody for your warm welcome.

Comment

Working...
                            X