Chieftain
    • May 2016

Ultimate Liteweight Precision Grendel Build

Ultimate Lightweight Spreadsheet.jpg
    Let's go Brandon!
  • StoneHendge
    Chieftain
    • May 2016

The first key part has been ordered and has shipped earlier than anticipated:

2A Armament Titanium Regulated Bolt Carrier

Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• howl
      Warrior
      • Nov 2015

This is heresy, but if I were going to sink that kind of money into an AR I would handload for, I'd have Dtech build something WSSM based. Rifle from Dtech, brass from Hillbilly and get-a-long little dogie.

Comment

• Kilco
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2016

Oooooo I love me a good Stonendge build!!!

I enjoyed following your 22" JP build.

9 months? Pshh... I bet you have it built in 4..

Utilitarian rifles are my favorite, and you are barking up my kind of tree! Pics a long the way, and keep this an even more detailed "blog" than usual. I always look foward to the latest going ons in the interesting world of stonehendge .

Howl
        Don't you dare!! I'm going to experience the proof carbon Grendel goodness vicariously through Stonehenge!

Comment

• StoneHendge
          Chieftain
          • May 2016

Howl - that is the beauty of our great nation - we all get to spend our $$ how we like!

Kilco - I've got to stretch the timing out. Otherwise I'll just have to start another project when I'm done, and these seem to get more expensive each time! Lol.
          Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Bigs28
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2016

Lightest handguard I have found. I held one at the fort Myers gun show and it was pretty strong to.

Comment

• StoneHendge
              Chieftain
              • May 2016

Originally posted by Bigs28 View Post
              https://brigandarms.com/product-category/handguards/

Lightest handguard I have found. I held one at the fort Myers gun show and it was pretty strong to.
              Yummy! I had seen some of those surfing around but kind of wrote them off for lack of a way to mount a bipod. But didn't see the Atlas model with the pic rails on the end. 6.2 oz with barrel nut for the 12.375" with the pic rails....

Did it feel flexy at all? It just LOOKS like it should flex loading a bipod.
              Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Bigs28
                Chieftain
                • Feb 2016

It was pretty sturdy. You could squeeze it and feel some sponge but you had to put some umph in it. They also sell the sections to mount an mlok anywhere so you could get the other models and just put the bipod on the bottom.

Comment

• StoneHendge
                  Chieftain
                  • May 2016

The 2a Armament Balios 2 Lite receiver set was ordered up this morning. Woke to an email saying their "get out to the range sale was ending in 24 hours" and this was a part of the sale
                  Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Dave_H
                    Unwashed
                    • Jun 2017

I'm gonna be following this one closely! Have you used the 2AA RBC before? That looks awesome! But it should ($$$)!

Comment

• StoneHendge
                      Chieftain
                      • May 2016

Originally posted by Dave_H View Post
                      I'm gonna be following this one closely! Have you used the 2AA RBC before? That looks awesome! But it should ($$$)!
                      Haven't used anything 2AA yet. The RBC actually arrived last night. I pulled it out and it didn't actually feel very light. Put it on the postal scale and it was 8 oz (not the 5.95 they claimed). Looked on their website and saw that their Steel Low Mass RBC is 7.9 oz. Was going to call them first thing this morning and they had an email out at 9:14am saying they had some mispackaged ti carriers and that they would make it good if I had received one of them. I replied that mine weighed 8 oz and they got right back saying another was going out today along with a return label and some swag (including a tshirt in my size). First class response! Primary also shipped the receiver set this morning - one business day for an FFL item rocks too!

Yeah, its $$, but a JP LMOS with bolt is $350 and that's worth every penny in my 22" JP Grendel build, so I figured I'm ahead of the game 2 ounces and the built in regulator with the intro price . The bolt coating doesn't compare with JP's chromium nitride though - nothing cleans up like a JP bolt!
                      Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• nismosao
                        Unwashed
                        • May 2017

Look at the Odin Works 02 lite handguards. Have one on my JP (look through my thread for pics). They are super sturdy, and very light in weight.

Comment

• StoneHendge
                          Chieftain
                          • May 2016

Originally posted by nismosao View Post
                          Look at the Odin Works 02 lite handguards. Have one on my JP (look through my thread for pics). They are super sturdy, and very light in weight.
                          I had checked them out, but the 12" 2A handguard that would match up with the upper receiver is actually 2 oz lighter than the 12" Odin - and that includes a Ti barrel nut and I don't think the Odin weights include the barrel nut.
                          Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Lastrites
                            Warrior
                            • Apr 2017

The Odin 12.5" weighs with nut 8.1 in key mode, 8.3 for m-lok including the nut.

Comment

• nismosao
                              Unwashed
                              • May 2017

Yah the key mod version of the 02 lite weighs the exact same as the 2A with the nut included, but is 12.5 inches long compared to 11.87 for 2A.

And you get a free accessory rail.

Comment

Working...
                              X