• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kilco
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2016

AR15.com email requirments

Off-topic, but there are a few items on the vast equipment exchange on this site I am in need of, but for the life of me can't find an email that allows me to join... My ISP doesn't offer email addresses.. Any tips or advice?
  • bigdaddyflo
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2016

Get a gmail account. Go to google.com and click on the top right boxes (looks like a bunch of boxes), then click on mail. From there you can set up a gmail account. The plus of a gmail account is that they have some of the best "spam" filters.
    Hope this answers the question you were asking.

Comment

• Kilco
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2016

They don't accept gmail in order to activate an account, or Yahoo, or AOL, or any free email from what I can tell..

They want you to use an ISP email or b uisness email. My business email is AOL so it's no good.

Comment

• rwh
        Warrior
        • Jun 2014

You can register your own domain through google or other domain providers, for example the google link is https://domains.google/#/. If you do it through google they will forward email to your domain to your gmail account. That ought to work.

Comment

• Lone Hunter
          Warrior
          • Jan 2017

Yea, that is a crock on their requirements. I had to go back to a Comcast email which I don't even have now. I didn't join them for a long time because of it. Once you get through their B.S. you can use your gmail address as a contact.. I had a yahoo account and couldn't use it either. It's frustrating and Kinda like the government,all kinds of B.S. that doesn't make any sense, but it's still there...

Comment

• Bowhntr6pt
            Warrior
            • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Kilco View Post
            They don't accept gmail in order to activate an account, or Yahoo, or AOL, or any free email from what I can tell..

They want you to use an ISP email or b uisness email. My business email is AOL so it's no good.
            I have my old AOL account/e-mail address... it's still my default e-mail address if you send me an e-mail from the site.

Comment

• Kilco
              Chieftain
              • Jan 2016

Originally posted by rwh View Post
              You can register your own domain through google or other domain providers, for example the google link is https://domains.google/#/. If you do it through google they will forward email to your domain to your gmail account. That ought to work.
              Ugh I hate being computer illiterate... couldn't figure it out.. There has got to be an easier way to get a darn email for this site... typically I wouldn't care so much... but the EE on arf.com is packed with smoking deals.

Comment

• mdram
                Warrior
                • Sep 2016

it probably helps filter out spammers
                just some targets for printing
                https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

• jurassic
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2014

I went through the same nonsense, luckily a family member set me up with a business email address. You can change to whatever you want after that, but all the free ones will not work.

Comment

• Kilco
                    Chieftain
                    • Jan 2016

So if someone has an email address that works, could they just set up an account, then switch the email to mine, then tell me the password they used, and then I can log in and swap passwords and be all set?

Just speculating if this would work, or if it would be crossing any red tape?

Comment

• Lastrites
                      Warrior
                      • Apr 2017

Likely that could work, sounds like a Straw Purchase though.

Comment

• motoxxx_ryder
                        Warrior
                        • Mar 2015

i am signed up with google you just have to pay a buck or something.

Comment

• hdrolling
                          Bloodstained
                          • Aug 2017

I used my wife's work email to activate my account, after that you can change to any email address you want for that account. I switched back to my yahoo email so I could get subscription notifications.
                          Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Comment

• derek45
                            Bloodstained
                            • Jun 2017

What about your cell phone provider ? so they offer email accounts ?

@att.com . . . @sprint,com or something ?

This ARFCOM policy started long after I joined.

Maybe I can post the question over there.
                            NRA LIFE

USPSA-IPSC

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

-Jeff Cooper

Comment

• Kilco
                              Chieftain
                              • Jan 2016

Thank you guy so much for all the help and advice!!

I managed to get an account over there, hope the hassle was worth it...

Comment

Working...
                              X