• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Redomen
    Warrior
    • Jun 2016

FTEject with Radical Arms 5.56 Upper

I built a ar15 in 5.56 for my son with a complete upper from Radical firearms. There is less than 100 rounds through it and it does not want to eject cases. It worked great at first and all of a sudden started giving him issues. I swapped buffer and spring. Checked gas rings, ejector, and gas key, cleaned bolt. Gas block is not loose and does not appear to be leaking. Bolt lugs look good. Is there any thing else I should check before returning it to radical to examine? I tried more lube as well as less lube to no avail. Any ideas are appreciated.
    Last edited by LRRPF52; 09-25-2017, 02:41 AM.
  • Troutguide
    Warrior
    • Jan 2017

Did you clean chamber? If you shoot a lot of wolf ammo the chamber can get a lot of powder residue and cause cases to stick.
    "I rarely give a definite answer" - TG

Comment

• Wafavre2
      Warrior
      • Feb 2017

Also check the extractor for damage.

Comment

• Lastrites
        Warrior
        • Apr 2017

More info needed, how is it failing to eject a complete description would be of help? Is the extractor slipping off the rim and leaving the spent case in chamber or is it partially removing it and possibly a number of other scenarios. Besides a clean chamber I'd be looking at the ejector and the extractor for the issue. Does the extractor have an O-ring on it? Does the bcg lock back when 1 round is loaded from a mag and fired?

Comment

• Redomen
          Warrior
          • Jun 2016

Extractor is grabbing case fine. Bolt carrier doesn't seem to move back enough to spit the case. It is acting like it is under gassed. One time I had to hammer the charging handle back. Tried various factory ammo to no avail. The chamber and bolt didn't seem too dirty. My wife's build with the exact same upper runs flawlessly.

Comment

• Redomen
            Warrior
            • Jun 2016

My son mainly uses p-tac ammo.

Comment

• Sticks
              Chieftain
              • Dec 2016

Check the gas tube and gas key for obstruction.

Having a blown primer ending up inside is not that uncommon. Not sure what acrobatics are involved in primers finding their way there, but it happens.

Also check the alignment of the gas tube in the upper, check for damage.
              Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• just_john
                Chieftain
                • Sep 2012

HAve you looked to seeif there is anything loose ( or dirty ) insiide the buffer tube that might impede the rearward motion of the bolt?

Comment

Working...
                X