• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

This requires a Form 1 SBR stamp:

This requires nothing:

You don't need to store your barrel far away. Just get the pistol brace kit, attach it to the lower of your choice, assemble the upper and assemble the entire firearm into a pistol, and be done with it.

Put it right next to any of your firearms in the safe.

You can also shoulder the pistol with brace now according to ATF's latest "ruling".

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Kswhitetails
      Chieftain
      • Oct 2016

Two thumbs up. I started the thread with pistol-until-approved, I will proceed with that plan. It just so happens I have a stripped lower that was registered as "other" on delivery to me, looks like I am good to go. Thanks folks, let the build begin. First part on the list, the $200 application fee...
      Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• explorecaves
        Warrior
        • Sep 2014

Pay once, then forget about it, then get hooked on how easy it is and repeat the cycle. LOL

Comment

• Kswhitetails
          Chieftain
          • Oct 2016

My fingers are crossed in an X pointed at you caves... Back you demon, BACK!
          Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• LRRPF52
            Super Moderator
            • Sep 2014

For me in Utah, you aren't legally supposed to have a loaded rifle inside the vehicle, so for a trunk monkey up front, an SBR is out of the question.

This is why a pistol build with about the same brace from the same exact company with everything else exactly the same makes more sense for me in this State and any other State that recognizes my Utah CFP.

A little pistol Grendel with a telescoping PDW brace is a great do-all car or truck gun to have I think.
            NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Kswhitetails
              Chieftain
              • Oct 2016

Shakin' my head again... LRR, you're like my older brother. I am currently making a list of used parts to buy used to make just that. A "truck gun" 12" suppressed Grendel. Put a red dot and magnifier on it, scuffs and marks only add character. To the woods, to the range, to the stand. From squirrels to venison, or whatever else I come upon that needs a precise hole placed.

I am thinking a law folder, SB PDWbrace, a 10inch hand guard, a light, the T1 w/3x, and a covered suppressor all in the back-seat-backpack.

You know, the pack with the camera, a water bottle, powerbars, the tripod... and the new pista-Grendel and extra mags. Yea - the one that gets left in the cab under/behind the seat forever and forgotten about. Until wanted/needed.

Comment

• explorecaves
                Warrior
                • Sep 2014

Change from a Law Folder to a Deadfoot arms folder.... allows you to still maintain complete functionality while folded. A little pricey but it's only money....

ELITE AR-15 FOLDING STOCKS AND SUBCOMPACT WEAPON SOLUTIONS The Dead Foot Arms Modified Cycle System (MCS) is a retro fit kit that allows a standard AR15 platform to transform into a AR15 side folding stock or extremely compact PDW Stock or Pistol Brace (See our SCW Line). Utilizing proprietary dual spring

Comment

• Troutguide
                  Warrior
                  • Jan 2017

And you can cross state lines easier. Part of my reasoning for going pistol.
                  "I rarely give a definite answer" - TG

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                    Chieftain
                    • Oct 2016

Originally posted by explorecaves View Post
                    Change from a Law Folder to a Deadfoot arms folder.... allows you to still maintain complete functionality while folded. A little pricey but it's only money....

http://deadfootarms.com/ar15-side-folding-stocks/
                    Does the tube for the rifle calibers allow for pistol builds? Seems like it's designed for the use of your stock. That would mean SBR only. But, if they could simply replace the rifle with a pistol tube...

ETA: NVM you provide the buffer tube and stock. Makes sense. Like the ability to keep functionality while folded/before deploying the brace.
                    Last edited by Kswhitetails; 09-27-2017, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• explorecaves
                      Warrior
                      • Sep 2014

Yup - the Law folder turns your rifle/pistol build into a single shot until you deploy it fully and then cycle manually; DFA allows you to run fully in the folded position. You will have to tune with an adjustable gas block instead of buffer weights though.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                        Chieftain
                        • Oct 2016

The plan includes an adjustable piston system so hopefully someone makes a superbly adjustable piston block. Meh, I've got time to find something good.

Comment

• explorecaves
                          Warrior
                          • Sep 2014

I am very happy with the Superlative Arms GB I installed on my 12" build. Extra gas when running suppressed is vented out the front of the block. Plus most of the gas coming back when running suppressed is in the chamber itself. I personally would steer you back to a gas block as the piston driven systems are typically more trouble than they are worth.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                            Chieftain
                            • Oct 2016

I have an Adams set up on my S&W PSX, and love it. Utterly reliable. However, with the Larue Grendel, I opted for their suppressor as part of the package discount, so I now have to try it with the pistons. The only issue I have (potential) is that the Adams set up has two settings: Full open, and Reduced. Don't know if that reduced setting is going to be "right" with the suppressor. Truth be told, with Larue's can I may not need to adjust the system at all, according to the reviews of DI systems running it. I know pistons are a different animal... but are they? I don't ever remember treating it any different than my DI guns, other than cleaning the piston... Meh... Time will tell. And if the Larue can does as well as I hope it will... then bam. What a gun.

Comment

• HowaGrendel
                              Bloodstained
                              • Sep 2017

I built a 10.5 5.56 SBR from a 80% lower and never had any issues getting stamp.....with a 80% lower you can determine model no. and s/n and have it engraved that way....

Comment

Working...
                              X