Held my CZ 527 in 6.5 Grendel, and now shes in jail.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mdram
    Warrior
    • Sep 2016

Originally posted by jkingrph View Post
    That's what I like about living in Texas. Show your card fill out the 4473, pay and go. If no CHL and your info goes through the national check it's pretty much the same. I also like having a federal C&R , with it I can buy an over 50 year old gun, no hassell order on line and have it shipped to my front door.

c&r works in most states
    just some targets for printing
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

• HowaGrendel
      Bloodstained
      • Sep 2017

West Virginia is no hassle also....no waiting, pay and go, CC with no permit, If you have CC permit buying a gun is even faster....

Comment

• bj139
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2017

Pennsylvania has PICS. Pa version of NICS. Form 4473, PICS, pay and go with gun. Never seen anything to do with CC permit.

Comment

• pajasonc
          Warrior
          • Dec 2016

Originally posted by bj139 View Post
          Pennsylvania has PICS. Pa version of NICS. Form 4473, PICS, pay and go with gun. Never seen anything to do with CC permit.
          No PA is just a quick back ground check and your done. Don't think the CC permit makes any difference any gun from a FFL needs a background check, but its normally a 5 minute wait. And long guns can be bought and sold by private citzens without any checks at all. Handguns must be transfered.

Comment

• murfvol
            Bloodstained
            • Oct 2016

Once you've cooled off, I look forward to the range report.

In NC, hand gun purchases without a concealed permit are a pain, but long guns are no biggie.

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by usmcm16a2 View Post
              Folks,

Not trying to sound like an old fud recalling the glory days, but Cali was the place. Gun Stores everywhere, no 10 day waits. 1988 AK47, a case, 4 30rd mags, a cleaning kit, mag pouches, 300 rounds of ammo. $399 at B&B Gunsales North Hollywood. Those were the days. Sherwood International in Reseda, walls of M1 Garands, $499 bought you an M1, a bayonet, cleaning kit, GI stuff, Sling, and 10 clips. Wow........................never see those times again, A2
              In our travels across the US as a kid, I always took note of our friends' gun cabinets and was always asking to check them out with their permission/supervision. Even out West, you saw cases filled with 28" barreled 12 GA shotguns, Mauser action hunting rifles, lever guns, and .22s. Gun stores were the same story, with some revolvers, a few 1911s, and the scent of Hoppe's #9.

In CA, they had all of that, plus walls full of Colt AR15 SP-1s, Sporter IIs, Uzis, HK91s, HK93s, HK94s, SAR48s, Mini-14s wood/blued, Stainless folder Mini-14s, M-1 Carbines, Garands, and even some Mitchell AKs before the Chinese imports arrived. People had a lot more disposable income and Hollywood seemed to have a local effect on the market in CA when it came to customer expectations (Terminator and Commando scenes, A-Team, etc.).

After the San Ysidro McDonalds massacre (and it was a massacre, including infants), they tried to pass legislation banning these types of firearms (murderer/mentally ill guy used a pump 12 GA, Semi auto Uzi, and Browning Hi-Power with a bag full of ammo after telling his wife he was going people hunting). That never passed, but the sentiment had been elevated. Then Patrick Purdy shot some teachers and kids up in Stockton, and the anti-2A opportunists pounced with the CA AWB, which passed the legislature and was signed into law by the Governor in 1989.

That legislation was used somewhat as a model for the Clinton AWB 5 years later in 1994.

I remember B&B well in NH. When they had the bank robbery with the 2 armed and armored suspects in 1997, local police went to B&B looking for more firepower, and were handed several Bushmaster AR15s and 2 Benellis. ATF later cracked down on B&B for that with punitive measures.

Going up into Angeles National Forest for shooting used to be a great thing for shooters in the LA area, where you could blast away in various natural bays all day without much worry.

I you lived out in the desert, it was a shooting paradise, often abused though by litterbugs who would shoot up old Zenith cabinet TVs, fridges, washers, dryers, bottles, hot water heaters, etc.

Glad I live in Utah now. We have CFP cash and carry, very low crime rates, castle doctrine, concealed carry on school campuses, public parks, and long range heaven with tons of outdoor activities, low taxes, extremely low unemployment, and suppressors in the display cabinets at Sportsman's Warehouse, let alone every gun store (every indoor range place has machine-gun rentals as well).
              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• usmcm16a2
                Warrior
                • Aug 2015

LRR,

Sounds like paradise, when did you leave Cali? A2

Comment

• ripcord
                  Bloodstained
                  • May 2016

In 1963 I was a young Lance Corporal rotating over to Okinawa via the staging at Camp Pendleton. One day in Oceanside, I passed a hardware store that had a really nice 1903A3 in the window. Went inside to look at it. Long story short, I bought it right there. The owner shipped it to my home address, threw in a bayonet and 100 rounds of AP ammo. Total cost $150.00. Those days are long gone...and the rifle still resides in the back of my gunsafe.

Comment

• Dinny
                    Warrior
                    • Jun 2016

In 1963 my parents were 5 y/o.

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

• just_john
                      Chieftain
                      • Sep 2012

Got my first gun, 20ga single breakover in 1963. All of us kids along the border in S. Tx were paid to shoot grackels in the citrus orchards. Was a young teenager and could walk into the corner grocery store and buy shotgun shells.

Comment

• jkingrph
                        Warrior
                        • Aug 2014

Dad got me my first gun that was really mine, a Win Mod 70 featherweight , in 1963. He cashed in prize points he got via a sales contest with Underwood typewriter co. Absolutely no paperwork on that one, it was shipped direct to our house. In the spring of 1968 I purchased my first gun on my own, a S&W K 38, at a K Mart, for a college graduation present for myself. I do not remember a federal form but had to enter id info in a rather ratty spiral bound notebook, which I doubt survived long in a readable form. I purchased a few shotguns at a NATO rod and gun club in Izmir, Turkey when I was stationed there. Paperwork was rather minimal, mainly to satisfy local Turkish requirements if I remember correctly.
                        Member before 2010, account deleted per 2011 spam attack

Comment

• ripcord
                          Bloodstained
                          • May 2016

Originally posted by Dinny View Post

Thanks, Dinny
                          Young whipper-snapper!

Comment

• Bill the loader
                            Bloodstained
                            • Sep 2017

No, concealed carry let you bypass feds background check. Just fill out paper work . Put down $$ it's yours. Otherwise you go through instant check system. Your background was done when you got concealed carry card. You can open carry without card. Pretty open state.

Comment

• kmon
                              Chieftain
                              • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Bill the loader View Post
                              No, concealed carry let you bypass feds background check. Just fill out paper work . Put down $$ it's yours. Otherwise you go through instant check system. Your background was done when you got concealed carry card. You can open carry without card. Pretty open state.
                              Had the discussion a couple weeks ago with someone that had moved to Texas from California. He had trouble believing he could get a gun without the waiting period and how you could buy without the NICS background check.. It clicked with him with him when I explained if you have a concealed permit it you need a gun you in all probability you have at least one if you have the permit.

Comment

• King31
                                Bloodstained
                                • Oct 2016

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                                Glad I live in Utah now. We have CFP cash and carry, very low crime rates, castle doctrine, concealed carry on school campuses, public parks, and long range heaven with tons of outdoor activities, low taxes, extremely low unemployment, and suppressors in the display cabinets at Sportsman's Warehouse, let alone every gun store (every indoor range place has machine-gun rentals as well).
                                Woah that sounds like a place I need to take a permanent vacation to!

Originally posted by Dinny View Post

Thanks, Dinny
                                Mine were only 2! Haha
                                Trevor | NRA Life Member

Comment

Working...
                                X