X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jurassic
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

Midway has them in stock again, but I bet they won't last long.

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

A major design characteristic of the Forster Co-Ax is the de-priming deposit system, which is separate from the press ram guides.

It's a very well-designed press, with some significant differences from other presses.

The quick in-out of the dies and self-aligning, floating die approach are nice benefits of the system.

The force is also applied with mechanical advantages and no off-axis force like on presses with the handle on the side, like the Lee.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• pinzgauer
        Warrior
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Bobke View Post
        I abandoned press generated priming years ago for the better feel of a tray fed hand priming tools. Broke a handful of Lee tools over the years, went to RCBS and haven't looked back since. Good feel, fast, and now a way to utilize all those Redding and RCBS shell holders that have gone idle with purchase of CoAx.
        Understand you are happy with the RCBS, but the stainless/brass tool which uses the Lee trays and shellholders is a very nice piece of kit. (forget the mfg, not well known).

But it addresses all the issues with the Lee (wear, adjust-ability) yet keeps the stuff that works right.

Comment

• bj139
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2017

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post

The force is also applied with mechanical advantages and no off-axis force like on presses with the handle on the side, like the Lee.
          ...and the Redding T7 and nearly every other press made.

Comment

• babue
            Warrior
            • Mar 2011

I in the past used the Lee hand primer for all the brass I loaded in the Co-Ax but my arthritis made it a painful job. So I have been using Foresters bench priming tool. It works really well and easy on the hands and thumbs. Some of the reviews complained about lack of feel but I have never felt that it lacks
            a good feel when seating the primers. No need to gorilla the seating arm to get a tight primer to seat. You have to manually adjust the shell holder jaws but that
            takes only a small amount of time to get set when you change case head sizes. No need to buy or keep on hand a bunch of shell holders.

Comment

• Catman4127
              Unwashed
              • Nov 2016

I have a T7 and like it a lot. It was a toss up between the T7 and the Co-Ax when I bought it. I size with a Lee Classic Cast, Bench prime, then seat with the T7. I actively load 5 different calibers so the 7 stations work good, I sometimes use the Hornady case activated powder drop in one station and have had pretty good luck when I want to pound out 223s for plinking. Also I have huge hands and the openness of the T7 is a benefit. I hope to add the Co AX to my bench someday, because of the mechanical advantages. You can't go wrong either way in my opinion.

Comment

• lrgrendel
                Warrior
                • Jul 2013

Just got my CO AX. Very solid and like it a lot.

Mounted it on a piece of wood first and clamped the wood to the bench to test the best position.

Ended up putting it at an angle as you really have to sit right in front of it. Now I can still sit normally and slightly turn to work the press. Because there are 4 mounting bolts and their position on the press, one of the bolts limits you on how far you can mount it at an angle.

I did speak to Forster, they do not recommend using steel rings because of wearing out the part on the press where the die slides in....

Comment

• PGW Steve
                  Bloodstained
                  • Sep 2017

I'm still using the Rockchucker that I bought in 1986, I have no idea how many handle cycles it has made. By far the best thing I ever did was convert to the Hornady Lock n Load system. Simply spin out the RCBS threaded bushing and thread in the Hornady bushing. Use a partially inserted LNL insert to tighten the bushing into the press in whatever way you feel is right...Or a drop or two of Loctite.

Now I can have my FL, NS and seater dies set up and switch quickly. I can go from FL to seater in seconds, or change calibers. I've invested in the Sinclair tool for tightening the Redding lock nuts so I've yet to have one slip.

I've found it handy at the range running one case through many many times to see how the primer pocket handles that particular recipe, as well as to plot case growth. I don't do any on press primer seating, I use the RCBS hand tools for that.

Comment

• jurassic
                    Warrior
                    • Sep 2014

I just bought the press and the shorter handle, save your money and cut the stock one to the length you want. A good tubing cutter would probably work, but I know a hacksaw would. Also a set screw holds it in place, a perfect cut is not needed.

It’s really well made and packaged and they are very nice people to talk with. I could not find the Grendel Forster micrometer seating die, but they had the numbers for several shops that did.
                    Last edited by jurassic; 10-19-2017, 05:34 PM.

Comment

• lrgrendel
                      Warrior
                      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by jurassic View Post
                      I just bought the press and the shorter handle, save your money and cut the stock one to the length you want. A good tubing cutter would probably work, but I know a hacksaw would. Also a set screw holds it in place, a perfect cut is not needed.

It’s really well made and packaged and they are very nice people to talk with. I could not find the Grendel Forster micrometer seating die, but they had the numbers for several shops that did.
                      I was thinking of getting a piece of right diameter pipe and a pool ball....
                      Yes. Those guys are awesome in Forster.

Comment

• Bobke
                        Warrior
                        • Dec 2015

Or if you really want to dress it up right, a stub welded into pipe that you could stick a proper Hurst 4 speed shift knob on-sounds pretty good to me.

Comment

Working...
                        X