BCA 20 inch Stainless, day at the Range.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • usmcm16a2
    Warrior
    • Aug 2015

BCA 20 inch Stainless, day at the Range.

Folks,

I purchased a Bear Creek Arsenal 20 inch, stainless 1:8 barrel. It is non fluted, rifle length gas system. To say the least I am very pleased. 3/4 MOA shooter, break in was simple and easy. The barrel cleaned up easy, well finished.
    The purpose of this rifle is purely for target practice. The scope I have on it now is a Redfield Revenge 3x9x40 with a Hunter reticle. It is going to replaced with a 3x9x42 VX 2 Windplex, this will be used for steel out to about 600 yards. The scope has the CDS knobs. The bullet will be the 123gr Hornady ELD match, at about 2550fps.
    I did a 100 yard zero, and was very pleased. The Redfields hold overs on the reticle worked out to about 400, but the lack of precision adjustment. Made for problems past that distance. With the VX 2 and the CDS dials I will have the ability to more accurately dial the scope in. A2
  • Kilco
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2016

Awesome review! Ive been very curious about how these have been working out for people. How is it reliability wise? Feeding, ejecting okay?

Comment

• usmcm16a2
      Warrior
      • Aug 2015

No problems with the Upper. The trigger I have is an Elfman, the trigger needed adjusting. It was not resetting, but after some adjustment it was perfect. 175 rounds of 123gr A-max without a hiccup. A2

Comment

• IescapedCali
        Warrior
        • Sep 2017

Thanks for your timely post. I'm curious how you do your barrel break-in. Based on the wide variety of opinions available online for this topic, I suspect this could become quite a spirited discussion. For this, I apologize, but my BCA upper is shipping today, so I hope to be needing this information for next weekend's range time.

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
          Warrior
          • Nov 2016

Good news, I've got two of these I'm sitting on. EXACT same specs as the 20" GB. EXCEPT for the profile and they are 4150CrMoV instead of 416. Since I have two I'm looking forward to getting a better sample groups. Getting somewhat close, still need a few odds and ends. I have two Geissele HSNM DMR's and two Larue MBT's for these builds. And I may swap some parts so all four are literally identical when compared.

Comment

Working...
          X