• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • firefly
    Unwashed
    • Aug 2017

Howa mini action 22 inch standard barrel finally here

I finally got my new Howa and though I have not yet shot it but I am pretty impressed, it looks good, the trigger is very good though I may reduce the weight by replacing the springs. The gun feels very light and pointable and the action is very slick. I even like the overmoulded pillar bedded stock. I have all the reloading gear so as soon as I have some rounds made up I will take it for a range test, I do not expect to be dissapointed as I already have a 1500 in .243 and that shoots .5 moa and the Grendel ballistics are better than the .243.
  • Kilco
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2016

I think you will be very pleased at the range. The Howa is very well built and they all seem to shoot very well.

What kind of scope are you putting on it?

Any plans for ammo? Handloading?

Comment

• Lone Hunter
      Warrior
      • Jan 2017

I got my barreled mini action about 2 weeks ago and just got my Boyds AT-1 in yesterday. Got it put together and torqued down. Am very pleased with the smoothness of the action and the trigger. If it shoots as good as it feels I will be pleased. If not I foresee a pillar bedding job coming. It is light and points good. Let us know how it shoots. I'm going to do their barrel break in tomorrow and will then work up some loads.

Comment

• Kilco
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2016

My old man also picked up the AT-1 stock for his. He said He notices a big difference after pillar and glass bedding regarding consistency. Really nice stock. Cool seeing all the modularity they implemented into a laminate stock.

Comment

• firefly
          Unwashed
          • Aug 2017

Kilco I will start with a cheap chinese scope 6 to 24 by 50 that I have on the shelf, reloading certainly I plan to start with 123 gn lapua and cfe 223 as this looks to give good accuracy.

Comment

• Lone Hunter
            Warrior
            • Jan 2017

Firefly, If you can get ahold of some try some IMR XBR 8208. It gave better accuracy out of my AR than the CFE223. Don't know about the mini action yet.
            Last edited by Lone Hunter; 10-06-2017, 11:56 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• firefly
              Unwashed
              • Aug 2017

Lone Hunter, I will certainly see if I can find some thanks for the tip

Comment

Working...
              X