• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AWS
    Unwashed
    • Oct 2017

New Grendel shooter

I'm an avid shooter, I've been reloading metallics for 50+ year, have done some wildcatting developing cats on the 204 case when it was introduced (22-204, 6mm-204, 25-204). Now I'm pretty much just a duck and coyote hunter(hunting coyotes in up to 5 states each year), I think the idea of calling critters in as close as possible is what attracts me to the two. I'd rather shoot coyotes at my shoelaces than reach out across the canyon, at the shoelaces is a rush, across the canyon is as much of a rush as shooting a good group on paper.

I found a 6.5 Grendel case at the range and was intrigued by it and it's possibilities in .224(22PPC+) and 257 Grendel. I have a HB Mini Action in 6.5, Boyds stock, 6.5x20 scope for load work and paper and a 1.5x6x40mm scope for coyote calling. It just arrived but a major remodel project has kept me from the range. I have 85gr Sierras, 90gr Speers and 100gr NBT's here at the house from a 6.5x58R Sauer project a few years back.

Any suggestions for a fur friendly bullet for coyotes would be appreciated.

AWS
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Comment

• Kilco
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2016

Welcome sir!!! Looking forward to your results, as in shelving my 204 Ruger this winter and putting my Grendel to the test on these northern Maine Yotes.

I've tried alot of handloads but can't match the Federal 90gr TNT load. It screams our of my 16" tube at 2850 fps and holds an honest 1 moa.

Comment

Working...
      X