• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • usmcm16a2
    Warrior
    • Aug 2015

Picked up my CZ 527 in 6.5 Grendel.

Folks,

I brought my CZ 527 in 6.5 Grendel today. First impression was very positive, the wood is beautiful with the metal work being firs rate. The bolt is smooth, trigger is fantastic breaks at 3.5 pounds. The set trigger is very light. I equipped the rifle with a 4x12x40 Vortex Diamond Back tactical.
    I am going to use the rifle for Coyotes, so I made up 100 rounds of the Cavity Back bullets. Starting at 27grs CFE223 to 29grs. .5 increments, will use my Magneto Speed to gather data. I spoke with CZ in Kansas and they said their rifles did not need a formal break in. So I will do a minimal shoot and clean.
    The reason for the Vortex in the tactical form, is I prefer a target type knob, to a BDC. Most BDC reticles cannot approximate the Grendel's trajectory. Cannot wait to get to the range. A2
  • Kilco
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2016

Congrats on the rifle!! With the 24" barrel and light bullets that will make a super flat shooting coyote blaster.

I'm a big fan of the 527s myself.

How do you like that diamonback tactical? Looks like alot of scope for the money.

Comment

• usmcm16a2
      Warrior
      • Aug 2015

Kilco,

A1, great glass. Typical Vortex quality. A2

Comment

• kmon
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2015

Looking good so far, congrats on getting her out of jail

Comment

• PGW Steve
          Bloodstained
          • Sep 2017

Congrats!! My 6.5G 527 is my seventh 527...... I've got about 50 rounds downrange so far and I'm very happy. I hit a sweet spot at 31.1gr CFE223 with a Lapua 123 and fired two 5 shot groups in a row of .8", velocity is 2535. I found some Fed GMM 130 Bergers I want to benchmark with, but the 30mph wind this weekend isn't inviting.

Comment

• stilesg57
            Unwashed
            • Sep 2017

Sounds like you got luckier than I did with the wood, congrats. I'm only a little envious, ha.

Be sure to adjust the trigger, it's great out of the box but it's even better with a few turns of the screws!

Comment

Working...
            X