X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rabiddawg
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2013

Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• Brett
      Bloodstained
      • Feb 2017

Originally posted by just_john View Post
      Brett, glad to help. I get my taps from them as well. Pricing is excellent and most things arrive the next day
      Just center the hole between the pin holes. Drill it from the top down. I like to spot face the bottom side, just makes it look cleaner. When cutting the threads, do it slowly, make a couple of turns and then back up about a turn and then hit it again. This backing up cuts the "hanging chads" loose and keeps from choking things. Use a good cutting oil.
      Good advice. I don't think I will have too much trouble with it. I have purchased from McMaster in the past for some car projects, just did not think to look there for these set screws.

Comment

• sundowner
        Chieftain
        • Nov 2017

Falcon Industries Inc. makes Ergo ar-wedge that I have used and it makes the ar solid without any mods . Midsouth shooters supply has them .

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

When I get receiver fit like that, I just use another receiver mating until they are to my liking.

The Mil-Spec and TDP call for ease of disassembly without tools for the soldier in the field, so a tight receiver fit is outside of the Mil-Spec, but desired by many civilians.

The Precision Firearms forged receivers are machined to fit very tight, as are the AA receivers.

I think the Mega Machine forged are a tight fit also.

I have very low expectations of the lower price point receivers on the market, especially many of the square forge code uppers and most lowers.

The LaRue, Mega, Noveske, Seekins, Battle Arms Development, 2A, etc. billet receivers really fit together well.
          NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
          X