X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G Dick
    Unwashed
    • Nov 2017

Not wanting to hijack the thread but I'm new to the 6.5G and BCA is practically next door I'm considering a 20" stainless upper from them, any comments on the 18" you have/had?

Comment

• paulw
      Bloodstained
      • Jun 2017

Originally posted by G Dick View Post
      Not wanting to hijack the thread but I'm new to the 6.5G and BCA is practically next door I'm considering a 20" stainless upper from them, any comments on the 18" you have/had?
      Hi G.D.,
      The 18" BCA complete upper I had was a terrific value & real low cost entry into this Grendel world. I did have to clock the flash hider, but it shot & functioned very well.

Once I found this site and the group buys & Grendel deals, I sold it to a buddy to make room for this 20" group buy build & an 18" Odin side charger... be interesting to see how long it takes him to start another Grendel build

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

That's looking great Paul. Looks like it shoots too.

Do you reload?
        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• paulw
          Bloodstained
          • Jun 2017

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
          That's looking great Paul. Looks like it shoots too.

Do you reload?
          Thanks LR,
          I've only ever loaded for my handguns on a Lee progressive - I'll need to upgrade my equipment & skills for the Grendel.
          I'm working on a pile of Hornady Black & American Gunner while I gather brass and study the 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks (and the forum, of course).
          Hoping to get to the range tomorrow...

Comment

Working...
          X