• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Viper
    Bloodstained
    • Oct 2017

New upper custom made

So, I am new to the 6,5 Grendel, and I am going to purchase a custom made upper. Today I got the configuration proposal as follows:

- FAXON match barrel 20", heavy fluted profile, 1:8, 5R, Nitride treated chamber, barrel extension with nikel teflon coating
    - Gas block low profile
    - Taran Ar15 compensator
    -Forged upper made in 7075 black anodizing, forward assist and dust cover in polymeric material
    - Bolt carrier groupwith nickel boron coated head
    - Tubolar hand guard, free float
    I am not questioning about prices, because being in Italy I know he has to import everything, there are custom fees, plus some overcharge, so I just would like your advice regarding the configuration. I am sure I couuld add some nice finish coating here and there, or some decoration on the magazine catch to make it look more tacticool, but there is enough money gooing out like this, and tacticool will not make it shoot better.
    Thank you in advance for your support!
  • Crews
    Bloodstained
    • Jul 2017

Edit
    Last edited by Crews; 10-10-2017, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• Kilco
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2016

Sounds like it will be a sexy build! Really looking foward too seeing the complete rifle.

Those Faxon barrels are shooters. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Comment

• Six5x39
        Warrior
        • Sep 2017

do you also have to pay ammo import fees ?

Comment

• Viper
          Bloodstained
          • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Six5x39 View Post
          do you also have to pay ammo import fees ?
          For civilian,in Italy it is not legally possible to purchase ammo if not directly at the gun shop. It means that you have to go there, show your firearm licence, and get them directly. Powder and ammo cannot even be shipped inside Italy to end users. But to answer your question yes, definitely there will be some import fees on ammo for dealers. That's why I never buy ammo, the moment I buy a new caliber's rifle or handgun, I immediately go for dies, brass and so on.

Comment

• Viper
            Bloodstained
            • Oct 2017

One more detail is about the trigger: we have agreed not to spend money in a new trigger group, because the gunsmith will make sometrigger job to get it down to 700-800grams, 2 stages. It will always be possible to have the trigger replaced later if necessary.
            Last but bot least, the stock. I am not going to replace it now, it is a standard adjustable AR15 stock, but given the purpose of the new upper, maybe a better stock would help to repeat the position on the bench. Any suggestion about it?

Comment

• ricsmall
              Warrior
              • Sep 2014

For a bench gun an A2 is the most stable and consistent. Rides bag really well and you get lots of vertical adjustment by simply sliding in bag fore and aft. Some stocks look cooler but suck on the bench. I have one, a prs. An A2 with adjustable cheek piece and LOP would be perfect IMO.

Richard
              Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• Viper
                Bloodstained
                • Oct 2017

Originally posted by ricsmall View Post
                For a bench gun an A2 is the most stable and consistent. Rides bag really well and you get lots of vertical adjustment by simply sliding in bag fore and aft. Some stocks look cooler but suck on the bench. I have one, a prs. An A2 with adjustable cheek piece and LOP would be perfect IMO.

Richard
                Thanks Richard, can you please post a link about your A2?

Comment

• ricsmall
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2014

Sure. Just a run of the mill A2 stock, which requires rifle length tube, spring, and a rifle buffer. Prolly a kit somewhere online.

Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

Working...
                  X