• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lone Hunter
    Warrior
    • Jan 2017

Howa Mini Action Magazine Problem

Anybody with a Howa Mini Action have a problem with the magazine? Mine will pick up rounds 1-3 fine but 4-5 are sometimes it will and sometimes it will not. Don't know if there is a stiffer spring for it or a defective magazine. Rifle has very low round count. 20 factory rounds to be exact. Spring feels real weak. Didn't know if anyone else has had this problem.
  • Striper
    Unwashed
    • Sep 2017

Mine works fine as does my 7.62x39 also

Comment

• Kilco
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2016

My father's picks up all rounds equally.. when loaded to maximum capacity the first one is a bit stiff, but my R700s using AI mags are the same..

I'd call legacy and see if they will hook you up with another mag.

Comment

• ThunderStick
        Unwashed
        • Sep 2017

Mine will actually hold 6 and cycles them smooth as silk! I don't normally use though, I discovered this accidentally.

Comment

• Lone Hunter
          Warrior
          • Jan 2017

Leave it to me to get one that doesn't function right. Love the way the rifle shoots though. The Boyd's AT-1 stock feels and looks good also. Now I've got to figure out this mag problem. Thanks for the reply's

Comment

• ThunderStick
            Unwashed
            • Sep 2017

It could be the AT-1 stock is a little thick in the middle and the mag is ridding lower than in the factory stock. Mine is in the factory stock, just a thought. My magazine is very easy to load as well.

Comment

• Kilco
              Chieftain
              • Jan 2016

Did it do the same thing with the factory stock?

Brownells is also carrying mags now.. pricey, and you shouild get another one from Howa if yours is defective, but just fyi.

Comment

• Lone Hunter
                Warrior
                • Jan 2017

Bought the barreled mini action from Brownells and the stock from Boyd's. Just can't figure why it will pick the first 3 up fine and sometimes it will pick up 4&5,sometimes not. I've only fired it 20 rounds but have cycled it much more. I like to make sure the ammo runs through it ok. Think I will contact Howa.

Comment

• kmon
                  Chieftain
                  • Feb 2015

Go back to the older threads about the Howa Mini action and contact Matt from LSI and see what he says. He has helped some forum members out if I recall correctly. He has his email in some of the threads.

Comment

• Lone Hunter
                    Warrior
                    • Jan 2017

Thanks kmon, sent him a pm and will see what he suggest.

Comment

Working...
                    X