• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • King31
    Bloodstained
    • Oct 2016

123 Gr A-Max Possibility

I recently came across several 100 rd boxes of amax for $26.99. I am just starting to reload and already have 2 boxes of ELDs. Is this a good deal on a bullet that is no longer available or are the ELDs actually better? Not really concerned about the price because I believe I can purchase ELDs for just as cheap on sale somewhere. What does the horde think?
    Trevor | NRA Life Member
  • Kilco
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2016

I went from the 123 AMAX when I ran out to the 123 eld-m with no POI change.

The BC on the eld-m is higher due to the magic tips... however if I had found the same deal I would have picked up the AMAX as well, simply because I so confident in thier hunting capabilities, and inside of 600 yards, maybe further I don't tho m anyone would notice a difference.

Where did you find the AMAX?? Any left?

Comment

• Sticks
      Chieftain
      • Dec 2016

Amax can still be found on brick and mortar store shelves. I found some here in CO last week when I was looking for a lighter pill for my Moscow Match experiment (out of stock on the SMKs, and not paying $1 per for Berger & Nosler)
      Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• Six5x39
        Warrior
        • Sep 2017

care to share the source ? for 125gr , it's good price . I actually paid that price for 95gr and thought it was ok .

Comment

Working...
        X