• Show
Clear All
  • derek45
    Bloodstained
    • Jun 2017

Wolf bullets are undersized 0.262" vs 0.264"

NRA LIFE

USPSA-IPSC

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

-Jeff Cooper
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

Someone had reported that earlier, but nice photo!
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• rabiddawg
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2013

That's the light engraving bullets for the non-Faxon group buy crowd.
      Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• howl
        Warrior
        • Nov 2015

Doubt they'd print better if correctly sized. 4 MOA for steel case ain't bad.

Comment

• sneaky one
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

They are what they are-- pffft. But cheap ammo to practice , your non flinch ideas, holdover at different distances, functioning of rifle, and problem solving if an issue pops up- etc.

That's my nice way of saying, I won't buy it. I have shot a few from BFT at the range. Icckkkk,- how bad? reminds me of the spider I had on my eyelid one day..yes- icckkk

Years back. you could buy a Daewoo car, or a BMW. Same same here. Spend less on beer , ladies of the night, etc., get the better brass, take up reloading. We'll walk Y'all thru it.

we got 2.75 moa at 100 yds. Icckkk Last run
          Last edited by sneaky one; 10-12-2017, 01:37 AM.

Comment

• Cornbread
            Warrior
            • Dec 2015

It's cheap for a reason. Personally if I want to blast I have a 556. Running steel cased cheap ammo through what I consider a precision weapon is blasphemy. In other words if I buy a custom barrel and build an accurate hunting, target rifle I'm not running cheap steel cased bimetal ammo down it.
            Last edited by Cornbread; 10-12-2017, 02:54 AM.

Comment

• Lostintexas
              Unwashed
              • Jun 2017

Works fine for me. Shoots low compared to Hornady Black, but it is consistent.

Comment

• PGW Steve
                Bloodstained
                • Sep 2017

Sounds like these need to be paper patched :-P

Comment

• Drillboss
                  Warrior
                  • Jan 2015

SAAMI says bullet diameter should be 0.2643" (-0.0030"), therefore the range is 0.2613" to 0.2643". I'm guessing your're better off with the looser fit for the bimetal jackets.

The stuff shoots surprisingly well through my AA barrel, but I won't put it down a high dollar barrel.

I called AA about a year ago and kept asking questions until Bill got on the phone. That was an interesting conversation. One thing he told me was that the Wolf steel case needed conventional rifling for best performance. The milder rifling designs such as 5R don't tend to work well with the bimetal bullets.
                  Last edited by Drillboss; 10-12-2017, 04:25 AM.

Comment

• JASmith
                    Chieftain
                    • Sep 2014

Thanks Drillboss for checking against the standard.

I was wondering if any one made bullets at the low end of the SAAMI tolerances. Now I know!
                    shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
                    -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• Six5x39
                      Warrior
                      • Sep 2017

OP .. where dI'd u get these bullets ? if I can buy these in bulk , I might try em out

Comment

• derek45
                        Bloodstained
                        • Jun 2017

Originally posted by Six5x39 View Post
                        OP .. where dI'd u get these bullets ? if I can buy these in bulk , I might try em out
                        SG AMMO

Last edited by derek45; 10-12-2017, 10:36 PM.
                        NRA LIFE

USPSA-IPSC

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

-Jeff Cooper

Comment

Working...
                        X