• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrab88
    Unwashed
    • Oct 2017

Alexander Arms 6.5 Grendel Hunter Review and Bullet Velocity

Hello all,

I am new to the forum. Am considering purchasing an AA 6.5 grendel hunter with the 18 inch ss fluted barrel. I've been searching around this forum and, surprisingly, haven't found too many reviews of the AA hunter. So, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the rifle and what I can expect in terms of reliability, weight/balance, accuracy, reliable hunting range, and/or reliable target/steel range.

In addition to general questions about the AA 6.5 hunter rifle--and the reason this post is in the "ammo" category--I would love to know if anyone has clocked bullet velocity out of the 18 inch ss fluted AA barrel for the 123 gr SST round. I ask so that I can create a custom ballistic dial for this round, as it appears to be the most practical long range and hunting factory round for the rifle.

Thanks again for all of your help.

- Marcus
    Last edited by mrab88; 10-11-2017, 06:52 PM.
  • Kilco
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2016

They are a beautiful rifle to say the least, and I'm envious!

My father has an 18" AA upper that uses the same barrel as the Grendel Hunter, and with factory 123 SST is was anywhere between 2470 and 2500. You will want to chronograph it through your gun first before ordering a dial, as every barrel will vary slightly.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2013

Agreed.
      Kill a hog. Save the planet.
      My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

Working...
      X