• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bowhntr6pt
    Warrior
    • Feb 2017

New barrels arrived!!

Pics coming, damn that was FAST shipping from Granit Ridge...

Pics added, packed very secure... thumbs up to GRO for their excellent CS. These barrels look fantastic and I expect them to perform as good as the other SS BA barrels I have. These are going to make some nice looking builds.

Last edited by Bowhntr6pt; 10-12-2017, 06:47 PM.
  • Lastrites
    Warrior
    • Apr 2017

Yep, they have never left me waiting.

Comment

• Bowhntr6pt
      Warrior
      • Feb 2017

More pics...

Comment

• Six5x39
        Warrior
        • Sep 2017

ohhhh nice ~ these ur first 2 grendel ?

Comment

• bj139
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2017

Bowhntr,

I guess this is the thread for the newly received BA barrels.

Those are some nice barrels you received. I like the rifle length gas for the 18" but I don't know why I should.

Here is my new BA barrel. Do you know what the code on the barrel means?

IMG_20171012_170908 (Medium).jpgIMG_20171012_170944 (Medium).jpgIMG_20171012_171001 (Medium).jpg

Comment

• Kilco
            Chieftain
            • Jan 2016

Nice looking barrels!! You going to build both at once or are you doing one? 18" or 20" first?

Comment

• Bowhntr6pt
              Warrior
              • Feb 2017

Originally posted by bj139 View Post
              Bowhntr,

I guess this is the thread for the newly received BA barrels.

Those are some nice barrels you received. I like the rifle length gas for the 18" but I don't know why I should.

Here is my new BA barrel. Do you know what the code on the barrel means?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9929[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9930[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9931[/ATTACH]
              No I don't... was wondering myself...

Not sure which one I will build first.

These will be Grendel builds #3 and #4 with a 16" AA being the first and the Faxon 20" being the second. Overall builds I'm well over 100.

Comment

• Kilco
                Chieftain
                • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Bowhntr6pt View Post
                No I don't... was wondering myself...

Not sure which one I will build first.

These will be Grendel builds #3 and #4 with a 16" AA being the first and the Faxon 20" being the second. Overall builds I'm well over 100.
                Holy crap... I know who to come to with build questions then...lol..

Once you get one of these BA barrels built, I would be anxious to see you post a target and velocities with the 16" 18" and 20".. could be some really good info all with top quality barrels.

Comment

• bj139
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2017

I figured I would pin the GB to the GT for my BA.

The GB sure does match the decor of the BA nicely.
                  IMG_20171012_223101 (Medium).jpg

It sure does seem awful to hide that beautiful BA barrel behind that huge handguard.
                  IMG_20171012_224853 (Medium).jpg

I need another scope and mount.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                    Administrator
                    • Feb 2011

BJ, what is your GB brand? I like clamp-ons and that looks good. Vltors look cool and are quality, but, dang, $60?
                    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• burnsy13
                      Bloodstained
                      • Sep 2017

Yep, got my 18" from Granite Ridge yesterday.

Comment

• bj139
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2017

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                        BJ, what is your GB brand? I like clamp-ons and that looks good. Vltors look cool and are quality, but, dang, $60?
                        It is an AR-Stoner from Midway. It is normally $30 but I got a sale and birthday pricing a month ago for about $18.

I figured I would need it some day. I didn't think it would be so soon. The finish matches nicely with the BA barrel but it is hidden under the HG.

I may have to look into a shorter HG.

Comment

• kcb38
                          Warrior
                          • Jun 2017

Looking forward to more range reports with these BA 6.5G barrels. I have one on a 5.56 AR and I don't think I could've done any better for the money.
                          - Kirk -

Comment

• bj139
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2017

Originally posted by kcb38 View Post
                            Looking forward to more range reports with these BA 6.5G barrels. I have one on a 5.56 AR and I don't think I could've done any better for the money.
                            I was going to shoot my Overwatch upper today to test some Wolf Moscow match loads for another thread.

I will see if I can bring the 6.5 Ballistic Advantage upper to shoot with Wolf steel ammo.

I have to scavange a scope from another build.

Will I hurt it shooting it without cleaning?

kcb, How does your 5.56 barrel shoot? I am very interested in 22 cal for Pennsylvania reasons.
                            Last edited by bj139; 10-23-2017, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• bj139
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2017

I shot the Ballistic Advantage barrel today. I swabbed the bore with some Rem oil but I should have brushed the chamber as well since
                              there were failures to feed on the first 20 shots and a few others. Later was better.
                              At first the shots were everywhere but each shot landed closer to the preceeding shot.
                              Here are the first 20 shots. The last 5 were pretty good for Wolf steel ammo from a new barrel.
                              IMG_20171023_161025 (Medium).jpg

I shot at 50 yards and multiplied the group sizes by 2 to get MOA.
                              Here are the results of pulling the bullet from 10 Wolf steel rounds and replacing them with Sierra 85gr HP.
                              The average of the 3 factory Wolf groups was 1.89 MOA and the 2 groups of 85g replacements was 1.19 MOA.
                              I am very happy with the group sizes from the Wolf ammo. I think I have found a steel shooter.

IMG_20171023_160945 (Medium).jpg

I might have shot better but there were a couple of guys wanting to use the bench I was shooting at.
                              I could have rapid fired them if there were not so many FTFs.

Comment

Working...
                              X