Why I ordered a Howa, despite having a CZ 527.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Waynejessie
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2017

All CZ rifles, and I own a number of them, need a good bedding job. I’m not talking about a DIY’er with a dowel and sandpaper. Their barrels are as good as you’ll get from a mass producer. Ditto for their forged steel receivers and bolts. I have a half dozen CZ rifles that have been pillar and glass bedded by a competent smith that’ll shoot with custom rifles costing twice as much. CZ rifles are not perfect from the factory but they do offer a foundation for a superbly accurate rifle that as far as I know is unsurpassed by any other mass produced rifle. To get close to them you’re going to have to pony up about 2 grand out of the box for a Sako or the like. I’ve never seen a CZ that had any issue that couldn’t be cured with a competent bedding job. Their barrels and actions are outstanding. They keep them affordable by skimping on their walnut stock bedding. Yes, they could pillar and glass bed them from the factory but that would put them out of the range for a lot of buyers like me who can do one or two things at a time to make a gun better. I don’t speak of that which I don’t know. I have several CZ rifles that’ll outshoot German made rifles costing twice or three times the cost.

Comment

• splashy
      Bloodstained
      • Oct 2017

Originally posted by bj139 View Post
      Does anyone have a good source for the HOWA mini action mags in 6.5 Grendel?
      For what it is worth, they are impossible to get in Australia so I ended up ordering from Brownells....

Comment

• kmon
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2015

For those that really like a good wood stock on their rifle like I do Boyds does the laminate stocks but you can also get a nice walnut stock from them for the actions they chamber for which does include the Howa Mini. a friend got one of those for his Remington 788 and it looks good.

Comment

• Fish Head
          Unwashed
          • Oct 2017

Factory is the only place I can find them ☹️ Wish someone would design a trigger guard assembly to accept an AR Grendel mag.. if I only had a milling machine!!

Comment

Working...
          X